John Albert
Illuminator
- Joined
- Apr 10, 2010
- Messages
- 3,425
Discuss.
"Yes, evolution should be taught because it's solid science. In fact, it's so solid that if the Bible contradicts it, so much the worse for the Bible. Why does nobody ask if geology and astronomy should be taught in schools, when they contradict the Bible, too? I hope I haven't queered any votes for me."
I can't get my head around the argument that 'both sides' should be taught, I was never taught evolution during my schooling, but when you are studying science for which it is fundamental, I would of thought you teach the facts, how many sides are there to scientific facts?
The problem is that creationists and IDers are also of the opinion that there is only one side to the story, which is creationism/ID, and the only way to get their view mentioned is by pretending that it is equal to evolution, warranting equal time.
If it was up to them, evolution would be tossed out altogether, but fortunately it isn't up to them.
Fortunately, it isn't up to Miss America either.
Speaking crap like this delivers a -6 penalty to their base charisma scores.
Um, that's Miss USA, as owned by Donald Trump as a farm league for future wives, though I noticed that some of them, including the winner, are not currently blonde, so I don't know how they made the cut.Should Evolution be taught in schools? The 2011 Miss America delegates weigh in...