• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Science Podcast on racism

seismic_cowgirl

Critical Thinker
Joined
Jun 19, 2007
Messages
318
Last edited:
I've heard about this study, and while it is interesting, I don't know that the conclusions necessarily follow. If people got massively outraged every time someone offended them - and yes, some foks do - it would be hard to get thru the day.

Taking racist comments / behaviors as an example... maybe the witness just wants to walk away? Avoiding a confrontation with a possibly beligerent person is not the same as condoning the behavior.

The conditions in this study don't allow escape, and the results are interesting, but I don't know how justifiable it is to extrapolate this little 3-person system to society in general.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom