• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Satanic D&D... for the kids!

A set of polyhedral dice: $3.79
Pizza for five players: $40.00 plus tip.
A PHB, a DMG, and a MM: ~$120.00 (or less at a used book store)

The look on the paladin-player's face when he finds out that what he though was a +5 Holy Avenger is really a -5 "Curse of the Mummy Rot" Sword, and it has permanently grafted itself onto his paladin's hand: Priceless!

I'll always prefer tabletop RPGs.
 
Hey, I'm with you people. I love the tabletop too, but at 44 and 31, it's a little difficult finding players our age.... :)

I've had funny anedotes with both computer and tabletop. But clearly, tabletop RGP's does lead to better stories. Hey, how can a computer RGP game stroy beat the tabletop RGP story about a quest to destroy a unique large magical gem by having it stomped by the foot of a humble ant...... :D
 
There are real dangers. When I was writing The Mysteries Revised Edition for Ars Magica 5th ed (bringing this formly back on topic) I was "resident parapsychologist" at a well known British 'haunted' location. I organised a sceptics night there on rpg.net, and great fun it was. I also was witness to three inexplicable to me events, but that is another thread...

Anyway one night a group of middle aged ladies were messing around with a ouija board and table tipping when one of them freaked out. I wandered in to the darkened room to calm her, fell through the seance table ending up in a heap of splintered wood and the ouija board struck me on the neck. Painful :( Onanother occasion I was forced to call the police in a local graveyard when drunk ghost hunting teens turned up in their hundreds, and i got to recite the riot act (well the relevant clause of the Public Order Act while helping the churchwardens disperse them.) The local paper famously then included a line in its report about drunken teens "trying to contact the dead with iron bars and running amok with ouija boards."

I have a silly life... :D

cj x

Bolding mine. I'm not sure that a 3 DEX score constitutes a supernatural Ouji experience but back to the OP. ;)
 
Last edited:
Haven't played it in seven years, but I used to DM for 2nd edition and GM for Star Wars. I alos liked Paranoia.


I would get back into it, but I am way too afraid my grades would drop.

ETA: Oh yeah almost forgot: Hail Satan!!!1(limx->0((sin(x)/x)))
 
Last edited:
Female.... check.... cute... EXTREMELY....

Now all you need to do is provide us with evidence you're a gamer. ;)

Errr...my human/warrior character, Xo, seduced a Satyr and had a Half-Satyr child. She's such a slut.

ETA: Xo also has an immovable stick. She has found some very interesting uses for it.
 
Last edited:
Errr...my human/warrior character, Xo, seduced a Satyr and had a Half-Satyr child. She's such a slut.

ETA: Xo also has an immovable stick. She has found some very interesting uses for it.

Yup! You're a gamer! Now, tell me MORE about yourself... I mean, your current campaign.

For about 4 years, I played an Imperial Marine in my Traveller 20 campaign. He started out as but a mere sergeant posted on a Q-ship crewed largely by Imperial Navy misfits, mercenaries, and prisoners. During the course of the campaign, he fought off Zhodani pirates and a mutiny, he fell in love with one of the Mercs, got married, fought in an epic war to save a minor race targeted for genocide, was commisioned, knighted, and had a few kids. I eventually retired the character, then moved on to play his great-grandson in a later campaign that took place in the "New Era."
 
Last edited:
Actually I'm not currently playing. The GM was my lover until two months ago when I finally figured out that he is a compulsive liar. He tells people he's dying of pancreatic cancer. He's been dying for quite a few years. Now I avoid being in his presence.

Shame, though...my character for the new campaign was going to be a changeling druid with a pet badger. :mad:
 
My new character (in a game that hasn't actually started yet...) is an anti-necromancer. A follower of the goddess of death, but sworn a sacred vow to destroy necromancers and ensure that dead people actually stay dead.
 
Actually I'm not currently playing. The GM was my lover until two months ago when I finally figured out that he is a compulsive liar. He tells people he's dying of pancreatic cancer. He's been dying for quite a few years. Now I avoid being in his presence.

Shame, though...my character for the new campaign was going to be a changeling druid with a pet badger. :mad:

Ever thought of moving to Norway? ^^
 
My new character (in a game that hasn't actually started yet...) is an anti-necromancer. A follower of the goddess of death, but sworn a sacred vow to destroy necromancers and ensure that dead people actually stay dead.

Whoooooooooooo, look out, John Edward!

(I like your character idea a lot. : ) )
 
I think my most "Satanic" character would have had to been one of my main characters (a tigergirl divine champion of Selune). While she was a succubi. (Selune is the CG goddess of the moon).

... then again. I tend to play relatively normal characters (and almost purely D&D or Mutants and Masterminds (rarely Exalted))

But eh. Purposely taking tropes and stereotypes than playing the opposite is fun.
 
Errr...my human/warrior character, Xo, seduced a Satyr and had a Half-Satyr child. She's such a slut.

ETA: Xo also has an immovable stick. She has found some very interesting uses for it.


Screw that... I just wanna see your Natural 20's!!
 


Sigh... Take your average male, put him a home-made Star Trek outfit, give him a fist full of RPG dice, and fill his head with science fiction and fantasy trivia and you have the geeky fan boy! A laughing stock who obviously never had sex and and never will.

Take that same male, put him in a football jersey, paint him up with the colors of the home team, and fill his head with sports statistics and you have the All American sports fan! Symbol of machismo and sexual prowess.

There is no justice in this universe.
 
Wow. You guys need to live here. The gaming community in the Triad area of NC is infamous for playing musical beds and throwing clothing-optional BDSM parties. Unless you are grossly obese and don't have the personality to make up for it, you are going to get laid!!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom