This is very strange and I have no idea what the legal ramifications are but...
It seems that same sex couples are already legally married and here is how: They marry as a man and woman, then the man (for example) has a sex change operation. In California, I know they reissue a driver's license with the person's new name (if changed) and sex, so the State declares the ex-male as a legal female, in this case. It seems that the marriage would be still legal and binding. Does anyone know if this is not the case? If not, when does the marriage become officially void? Can the government force legally married people to divorce now that they are woman and woman? I know it is rare for a transsexual marriage to last, but according to some primetime news show I just saw it does happen sometimes (they claimed like 10% of the couples decide to stay married.) Seems like chum for the lawyers to feed on to me.
It seems that same sex couples are already legally married and here is how: They marry as a man and woman, then the man (for example) has a sex change operation. In California, I know they reissue a driver's license with the person's new name (if changed) and sex, so the State declares the ex-male as a legal female, in this case. It seems that the marriage would be still legal and binding. Does anyone know if this is not the case? If not, when does the marriage become officially void? Can the government force legally married people to divorce now that they are woman and woman? I know it is rare for a transsexual marriage to last, but according to some primetime news show I just saw it does happen sometimes (they claimed like 10% of the couples decide to stay married.) Seems like chum for the lawyers to feed on to me.