• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Romney's Nugent/Trump Problem

Yeah, and the left is no good, either. The left wants to show that everyone with a firearm is a jackass, but they don't have to, as the NRA does it for them. I've never met a firearm owner who actually believes according to the NRA, though I've met a lot who are members.

They're always at my job, trying to sign people up. They offer us employees a free one year membership and I always turn them down. They act like I wiped my ass with The Constitution when I tell them to go pound sand.
 
I think someone should double book convention space in Vegas to the NRA and PETA then turn on the reality show cameras!!!

You know you would watch!!!






well , for a little while anyway
 
Yeah, and the left is no good, either. The left wants to show that everyone with a firearm is a jackass, but they don't have to, as the NRA does it for them. I've never met a firearm owner who actually believes according to the NRA, though I've met a lot who are members.

Many of us on the Left favor responsible gun ownership, but the NRA disgusts us.
 
Funny, but they don't appear too sane to me.

This is frustrating. I own and enjoy firearms and support the Second Amendment. I think well of "stand your ground" laws, but I find it rather stupid to use the Zimmerman/Martin case in support of them, as the facts of the case are hardly clear.

None of the organizations listed—NRA, GOA, or AHSA—could represent me even unto just that paragraph I wrote. I know I'm weird, but that I am that weird seems a bit, well, weird. Especially as I run into people who substantially agree with me all the time.

Same here.

I own guns, support the second amendment, and I bowhunt. But, I am an atheist, and liberal politically (I used to be a die-hard R-winger conservative). There is a stereotype here in the 'Bible belt' that to be an outdoorsman, hunter, gun owner, etc you must by default be a conservative, Republican and Christian. It gets old.

But yeah, I do not belong to the NRA (I used to). I think they use fear and demagoguery to whip up their base and make new memberships ($). For me, they jumped the shark when Wayne LaPierre said that Obama's lack of gun control measures was a conspiracy to fool gun owners. My intelligence was insulted to say the least.
 
I threw away my card after the 1995 Jack Booted thugs comments by Wayne LaPierre. I never again paid for yearly membership. I was tempted when Heston took over but I just never felt compelled.

Just the entertainment value alone would be worth it!
 
I do have to admit there is a double standard going on here -- had Alec Baldwin or Barbara Streisand made a statement like this instead of their usual, "I'm gonna go live in Europe if X wins :mad:", the right wing would be all over it.


Nugent did just get cancelled from a summer concert event somewhere, so the fallout is still in progress.
 
Did you link to them to make the NRA appear more sane?

Oh, absolutely not. I only know about them because a hard-line pro-gun relative prefers them to the "too compromising" NRA. I just thought people here thought that the NRA was the only gun lobby of their size around.
 
As a gun owner, hunter and a veteran of the U.S. Army, I think Ted Nugent's chicken hawk act is disgusting. I can think of a lot of words to describe his comments but "patriotic" isn't one of them.

I am a gun owner and a strong supporter of the right to own a gun, but I don't like a lot of the company I keep....Ted Nugent high among them.
 
Same here.

I own guns, support the second amendment, and I bowhunt. But, I am an atheist, and liberal politically (I used to be a die-hard R-winger conservative). There is a stereotype here in the 'Bible belt' that to be an outdoorsman, hunter, gun owner, etc you must by default be a conservative, Republican and Christian. It gets old.

But yeah, I do not belong to the NRA (I used to). I think they use fear and demagoguery to whip up their base and make new memberships ($). For me, they jumped the shark when Wayne LaPierre said that Obama's lack of gun control measures was a conspiracy to fool gun owners. My intelligence was insulted to say the least.

The NRA has a problem in that Gun Control is pretty much a dead political issue as far as actual legislation goes. Most Democrats consider it a political Third Rail and won't touch it..and the few who do don't find much support in their own party. But you have to keep people scared to keep them giving money to you.
Wayne LaPierre is a kook.Quite a few NRA members I know are not happy with him because of his Conspriacy Theory crap.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom