• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Romney Becoming A Pariah Over Libya Attack Screw-Up

So what did the White House say that "sympathized with those who waged the attacks"?

ETA: Ok, I see that Romney jumped the gun & didn't realize the statement by... someone... was before the attacks. Wow...

Not to be a conspiracy theorist here, but somehow this all seems staged, but the scene was pooched by a ham fisted actor.
 
I love it.

Romney should use every opportunity to blast away at Obama over his foreign policy. Especially Obama's feckless acceptance of the Muslim Brotherhood.

The louder the shrieking from liberals and the media (but I repeat myself), the harder Romney should press the subject. The wailing is a surefire sign that his salvos are right on target. Also a surefire sign: Ben Smith dragging out the old "super-mega-high-ranking Republicans at the ultra-highest levels at every single position across the country (but unnamed) CONDEMN in the strongest possible terms..."
 
I love it.

Romney should use every opportunity to blast away at Obama over his foreign policy. Especially Obama's feckless acceptance of the Muslim Brotherhood.

The louder the shrieking from liberals and the media (but I repeat myself), the harder Romney should press the subject. The wailing is a surefire sign that his salvos are right on target. Also a surefire sign: Ben Smith dragging out the old "super-mega-high-ranking Republicans at the ultra-highest levels at every single position across the country (but unnamed) CONDEMN in the strongest possible terms..."

Gotta tone it down a little. This one was too obviously a Poe.
 
from here...

"Asked what Romney was referring to, his campaign Tuesday pointed to a statement from the US Embassy in Cairo issued a statement “condemn(ing) the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims” — referring to the anti-Muslim movie allegedly inflaming the demonstrators, rioters, and attackers — but that statement was issued before the attacks on the diplomatic missions."

[ETA: Crappy grammar as worded in the article.]

Before or after the event, I think it is a good message to condemn the efforts of those that simply want to provoke Muslims.
 
Before or after the event, I think it is a good message to condemn the efforts of those that simply want to provoke Muslims.

Should be condemning both right now:

* The criminals in Libya who attacked the embassy, and
* That idiot in Florida California who's figured out that to get his face and name on the news, all he has to do is rant about "Moose-lims" in some form of fashion.

The idiot's allowed to say his piece, but if anyone comes away from this thinking he's anything other than a blunt chisel, I'll be astonished.

ETA: ok, as best I can tell, wasn't the original 'offending film' the work of the Koran-burning nimrod in Florida combined with a film producer in California?
 
Last edited:
I thought that Mitt had gone about as low as a politician can go, but it turns out I was wrong. Sarah Palin used the opportunity to make a penis joke.

Republicans, are you proud of your party?

In response to this, the U.S. embassy in Cairo issued a statement that was so outrageous many of us thought it must be a satire. The embassy actually apologized to the violent mob attacking us, and it even went so far as to chastise those who use free speech to “hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.”

Pure lies.

As has been shown that statement was issued before the attack not in response to but as is demonstrated by the comments no one really cares.

ETA
That's what Obama does, he apologizes to HIS OWN PEOPLE, Muslims!

I wish Sarah Palin was running for President, we need someone who will stand up for our country and makes us #1 again. I will say this again about President Obama he is a Muslim in Christian clothing and his goal is to ruin this country and I don't see why so many don't see this.

Reading comments like this is saddening.
 
Last edited:
Combine this with the Putin gimme, it's genius I tells ya, pure political genius. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to suspect that the prophecy of that Halloween episode of the Simpsons is being fulfilled, and Romney's been replaced by a feebleminded alien. How else to explain the gaffes and reversals of the last couple of weeks? Carbon monoxide poisoning? Overly tight necktie? Sodium pentothal in the Cocoa Puffs?
 
I'm beginning to suspect that the prophecy of that Halloween episode of the Simpsons is being fulfilled, and Romney's been replaced by a feebleminded alien. How else to explain the gaffes and reversals of the last couple of weeks? Carbon monoxide poisoning? Overly tight necktie? Sodium pentothal in the Cocoa Puffs?
It's just choking under pressure, I think.
 
Should be condemning both right now:

* The criminals in Libya who attacked the embassy, and
* That idiot in Florida California who's figured out that to get his face and name on the news, all he has to do is rant about "Moose-lims" in some form of fashion.

The idiot's allowed to say his piece, but if anyone comes away from this thinking he's anything other than a blunt chisel, I'll be astonished.

ETA: ok, as best I can tell, wasn't the original 'offending film' the work of the Koran-burning nimrod in Florida combined with a film producer in California?

I think the Government should announce that the anti-Muslim message is from a fringe group of people, and then they should send out a list of those people....


*a strategy I'm borrowing from the anti-abortion movement.
 
I'm beginning to suspect that the prophecy of that Halloween episode of the Simpsons is being fulfilled, and Romney's been replaced by a feebleminded alien. How else to explain the gaffes and reversals of the last couple of weeks? Carbon monoxide poisoning? Overly tight necktie? Sodium pentothal in the Cocoa Puffs?

Its tough to be someone your not, eventually you will crack.
 
If Romney was President, Ambassador Stevens would not be dead. In all likelihood, he'd be safely practicing law (and getting rich) in Washington D.C.
 
"He needs to grow a big stick" refers to a backbone?

If that's what she meant, but missed the obvious innuendo, then she's too stupid to be allowed to have a Facebook account.
Nobody's too stupid to be allowed to have a Facebook account.

"Grow a backbone" is a common phrase.

"Grow a pair" is also a common phrase.

"Grow a penis" -- not really that common*. She may well have meant it that way, but it strikes me as an odd turn of phrase.

*ETA: Although Googling it to check, I discover that it's an anagram for Spiro Agnew. Hnn.
 
Last edited:
I'm beginning to suspect that the prophecy of that Halloween episode of the Simpsons is being fulfilled, and Romney's been replaced by a feebleminded alien. How else to explain the gaffes and reversals of the last couple of weeks? Carbon monoxide poisoning? Overly tight necktie? Sodium pentothal in the Cocoa Puffs?

Replaced?:D
But seriously, I could be totally wrong, but what I perceive to be his method for issuing a statement is:

"Hey! I need to comment on this, guys!!! What should I say? What do I say! Hurry up, I need a paper on this, guys! How do we spin this? Hurry, hurry. What do I say to the press?"

Panic mode, all the time. Every statement has to beat up on Obama, no matter what. Then it has to somehow make him look reflective and intelligent, until he gets a chance to backpedal and blame his staff for getting it wrong. Blaming his staff is probably not a lie, since I get the impression that he has very few strongly held beliefs of his own.

And Eastwood called Biden "a smile in a suit". Wow! This party loyalty is comedy gold.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom