• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Recommend Free eBooks - Which ones are you reading now?

H3LL

Illuminator
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
4,963
With the growth in eBooks and sites such as the fabulous Gutenberg Project there are a lot of free books out there and many ways to read them.

So what are your recommendations from the store of free eBooks?

Where are your favourite sites for free eBooks?

Which free eBook are you reading now?

What, in your humble opinion, is the best way to read them? PC? Lappy? Portable device? eReader?

From Ambrose Bierce to Homer - What are we missing out on?



I'm just about to start Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions — Volume 1 - Charles Mackay

.
 
Mackay's book is good. I'm reading "The Tank Lords" as d/led off the Baen Free Library.

http://www.baen.com/library/

Generally I use my Palm Lifedrive to read ebooks. Either the default ereader or Mobipocket. I've also recently downloaded textonphones for my G1 but haven't done anything other than put books in my reading list.
 
Last edited:
I have read several Ebooks that were required reading for school, to save money and time.

For pleasure, I read Hawthorne's The House of Seven Gables several years ago on my PC.

I would not really recommend it at all. Ebooks are a treasure if you need a free text but for fun, nothing replaces a book you can hold in your hand.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom