• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Racial profiling at airports

Should we let the TSA use racial/ethnic profiling

  • Most terrorists are Arab/Muslim, so yes.

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Maybe but I'm not sure if its fair

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • No, its not right and not American.

    Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No, it doesn't matter if it would probably work.

    Votes: 1 3.8%

  • Total voters
    26
Too many people seem to be treating this as an if>then else problem. If Muslim or Muslim sounding name> cavity check. Else>wave through without even going through the metal detector.

Nobody gets zero screening at the airport.
 
Forgetting my history. I'm a white guy from south Arkansas. If I start getting money transfers from Yemen, then start taking trips -- I'm guessing I'll be flagged. Does anyone here really doubt that?
How about if you frequently visit a bar owned by someone who funds a militia shooting range? Little more scrutiny? Maybe you also shop at a second-hand store owned by a militia member. Red flags are starting to pop up. Did you also visit Mt. Rushmore with your family at the same time as a South Dakota militia convention was going on? Sounds like it's time for a TSA agent to glove up.

It's a good thing somebody took the time to find out all that about you. We certainly wouldn't want [this hypothetical version of] you on a plane if we haven't stripped you down first.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom