• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Psychic community comes out swinging for Noreen Renier

Sherlock

Muse
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
684
Location
Salem, Oregon
Noreen Renier (TV’s Psychic Detectives unsolved crime and missing person police psychic extraordinaire) announced on her Facebook page that on January 24, 2013 she underwent lung cancer surgery at an Orlando hospital.

Tonight her latest newsletter announces more. And the paranormal community is circling the wagons to protect their "most credible psychic” and “FBI sanctioned psychic investigator.” Noreen Renier now states that “a few days” after her lung cancer surgery she’s also received a new pace maker for "my heart which seemed to be stopping on too many occasions." And just 45 days after her lung cancer surgery she’s also “cancer free” with apparently no radiation or chemotherapy treatments.

In fact this week she’ll present a two day program combining a psychic workshop ($195) and lecture (additional $30) in Houston (850 miles from her residence in Orlando), with other upcoming events already on the calendar. A remarkable recovery from two major surgery’s after less than 45 days and having turned 76 years old in January.

Skeptical?

Houston psychic [actress?] and paranormal community supporter Diane Gremmel has just announced Renier is appearing this week “despite the naysayers” --- those like JREF forum readers? Gremmel states Noreen Renier “has spent a great deal of time during her career battling legal issues connected largely with skeptic organizations determined to prove in a court of law that an ability like this is not possible. These groups have made every possible attempt to paint the famed psychic as a deluded fraud and charlatan. To these people, a gift like Noreen Reniers’ cannot exist.”

Indeed Diane Gremmel’s “psychic medium” web site proudly announces that she herself “is known for giving accurate and specific details, and has converted many skeptics.” In fact she writes that “I believe in the healing powers we can all access in our lives and the miraculous results which can occur when we overcome thought patterns standing in the way of the physical or emotional healing process.”

Apparently this includes Noreen Renier’s previous court testimony after questioned on whether she could cure cancer using her “Renier psychic energy vibration” process. Renier did not rule it out, saying that she had already performed medical healing's.

Asked for a specific case of curing someone Renier testified, "A girl was going to have an operation and she had a cyst and it disappeared, and she didn't have to have the operation." Additionally she noted, "My father had a knee injury from years and years and he was in a lot of pain and when I became a psychic he visited me and he has never had a problem with his knee again." In her book A Mind For Murder (page 114, 2008 edition) she wrote about healing a man decades ago. The man suffered sharp pains in his lower abdomen.

“I explained to him that the energy that emanated from me and my hands could affect him and his body . . . . . . [I took] several deep breaths, and placed my hands above his head until I felt a connection with his energy. Then I let my hands hover a few inches away from his abdomen, where I had felt the pain in myself. As I felt the energy flowing between us, I assured him he would be just fine. When I looked up, he thanked me.”

TV psychic medium [actress] Noreen Renier also has described “heat as the energy flowed from me” when a friend’s cut finger “was soon replaced by tingling. By the time I left, her finger was fine. We both were a bit stunned by my success.”

Not surprisingly Houston’s Diane Gremmel never acknowledges that Noreen Renier was found "not credible" by a federal judge and having misled his court. Nor has she said anything about the five federal judgments ordered against Noreen Renier since 2006.

Instead “psychic medium” Diane Gremmel notes that “Renier’s light shines for those in the psychic profession as a beacon of pride and integrity, helping to remind us of the good that can be done with our gifts.”

Noreen Renier is being sponsored into Houston by The New Era Times. She will be appearing at Edgar Cayce’s ARE Center in Houston.
For a more critical and substantial index and overview of Noreen Renier’s claims see http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinquirygroup/IndepthRenier.html
 
Last edited:
Instead “psychic medium” Diane Gremmel notes that “Renier’s light shines for those in the psychic profession as a beacon of pride and integrity, helping to remind us of the good that can be done with our gifts.”

In that "profession" the question is what integrity, where?
 
Asked for a specific case of curing someone Renier testified, "A girl was going to have an operation and she had a cyst and it disappeared, and she didn't have to have the operation." Additionally she noted, "My father had a knee injury from years and years and he was in a lot of pain and when I became a psychic he visited me and he has never had a problem with his knee again." In her book A Mind For Murder (page 114, 2008 edition) she wrote about healing a man decades ago. The man suffered sharp pains in his lower abdomen.

“I explained to him that the energy that emanated from me and my hands could affect him and his body . . . . . . [I took] several deep breaths, and placed my hands above his head until I felt a connection with his energy. Then I let my hands hover a few inches away from his abdomen, where I had felt the pain in myself. As I felt the energy flowing between us, I assured him he would be just fine. When I looked up, he thanked me.”

TV psychic medium [actress] Noreen Renier also has described “heat as the energy flowed from me” when a friend’s cut finger “was soon replaced by tingling. By the time I left, her finger was fine. We both were a bit stunned by my success.”

Meh. I've done all the healing she talks about and more. I can quote you as many examples as you like.

Ah, no, wait... I just made that up :rolleyes:
 
She will be appearing at Edgar Cayce’s ARE Center in Houston.

So, I googled Edgar Cayce ARE center. I know it's not unique to them, but I found it amusing that their website shows a picture of the Houston Downtown skyline.

SkylineBackground.png


But their actual location is a seedy looking warehouse miles from downtown.
cbk
 
Last edited:
Bee Herz, Noreen Renier, Diane Gremmel, Laurie McQuary: From same mold

There is a generation of female "psychic mediums / psychic detectives" who appear to be from the same mold and market themselves with skillful exaggerated claims.

For a "top 25" listing and background see http://gpinquirygroup.com/gpinquirygroup/Psychic%20whistle-blower%20overview.html

There are dozens, but upon inspection NONE have ever found a lost or missing child through paranormal means, nor forecast a specificly named person who lost their life ahead of a natural disaster. Only endless exaggerated and non-specific "match-ups" well after the fact. It's not surprising NONE are endorsed by the FBI, or any of the fifty State Police agencies. As of the last elections the two remaining "county" sheriff agencies that previously hired psychics have ended the practice with the new incoming personnel.

Across the United States there appears to be ZERO agencies at any public level of law enforcement willing to hire a psychic medium for investigative work on a crime or missing person case. The stats are in after 4 decades of hocus pocus.

As to the Edgar Cayce location --- there are several popping up around the country. It seems their membership regularly promotes those who exaggerate their involvement with missing children in using pendulums hanging over maps (like Noreen Renier, Sunny Dawn Johnston) rather than attempting to end apparent mass delusions and unsophisticated business practices. Practices at rates as high as $1000 per hour over the phone for little but active storytelling and calming analysis with clients.
 
Last edited:
Apparently the Renier events late last week were "duds", with less than 20% of the turn-out for a similar lecture and workshop held in Little Rock last year. Perhaps the public is slowly --- ever slowly --- becoming more educated about those who claim paranormal events but repeatedly are caught in lies and exaggerated delusions.
 
Apparently the Renier events late last week were "duds", with less than 20% of the turn-out for a similar lecture and workshop held in Little Rock last year. Perhaps the public is slowly --- ever slowly --- becoming more educated about those who claim paranormal events but repeatedly are caught in lies and exaggerated delusions.

I would say Renier losing 80% of her supporters in a year is a major victory for someone such as yourself. I wonder how others are going?
 
When the press realise there is a swing against psychia, and many many stories to be written, with a possible increase in newsper sales, they might just go at psychics furiously. Here's hoping.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom