Actually, I was never actioned for using "he" in reference to a male ISF member who identified as transgender. Because I never did. I referred to them as male... which is an absolutely true statement, and one that they themself had shared.
Thanks for the correction, I only heard about the explanation well after the fact, and either I recalled wrongly or it was paraphrased wrong.
{Eta: although that just makes it all the more confusing. You frequently refer to members who say they are male as 'male', hell, youve done so directly to me. So you continue doing exactly what you were actioned for, and face no repercussions? But pronoun use is what you rail against, that you weren't actioned for and has never been an issue?}
{Eta2: I only see one suspension listed for you, and that was in 2023. Are you saying you just got a minor ding over whatever happened with you saying 'male' about a member who said they were a male?}
And no, I'm not being "theatrical", I'm being principled. This is important to me. And it's important to a lot of other people too, mostly female humans.
The issue may be principled and very important to you, but the resolution you chose is not. The resolution is to be difficult and confusing. As I said earlier, you can reserve the non-sexed use of pronouns to those vanishingly rare souls (total count on this entire forum: 1, and they are inactive) who request you use one you ideologically take issue with. For the entirety of the rest of the universe, it is pure theatrics. It doesn't apply to them.
I won't intentionally insult a transgender person by referring to them with a sex-based pronoun; but I also won't be bullied into referring to them with a gender-identity-based pronoun because I do not believe in the ideology of gender-identity. I won't be forced to give lip service to a religion. The most reasonable balance I can achieve is to refer to ALL people by neutral pronouns and avoid both "misgendering" and betraying my own principles.
You're not being asked to believe anything, or subscribe to a particular ideology, or convert to a religion, any more than a judge or victim is required to use language like 'Mr' or 'sir' in court when referring to someone they have nothing but contempt for.
Your soul is not compromised by using honorifics. Half the words we use have dicey origins. By singling out this word and usage, you are advertising that your indignation is very very focused on a very very small group of people, not the language at large or forum rules.