Correa Neto
Philosopher
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2003
- Messages
- 8,548
Don't get me wrong, but my reading from this (which may be wrong) is that Hynek should have been more careful regarding the people he associated with. If we bear in mind UFOlogy's environment, plagued with crackpots, kooks, hoaxers and posers of all types, extra care is needed.
I think the odds are I could go one step ahead and suppose Hynek probably had a bias issue regarding UFOs, relaxing evidence and methodology quality levels. A blind spot, where at least some of his critical thinking and scientific background were less efficient and suspension of disbelief, confirmation bias and wishful thinking could take the lead.
I really don't think this could be seen as smearing him or a guilty-by-association veredict; its merely acknowledging common human behavior.
I think the odds are I could go one step ahead and suppose Hynek probably had a bias issue regarding UFOs, relaxing evidence and methodology quality levels. A blind spot, where at least some of his critical thinking and scientific background were less efficient and suspension of disbelief, confirmation bias and wishful thinking could take the lead.
I really don't think this could be seen as smearing him or a guilty-by-association veredict; its merely acknowledging common human behavior.