• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

President-Elect Web Sites

Kaylee

Illuminator
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
4,287
The President-elect transition team has set up a new web site,
http:/change.gov, for people to stay connected to the transition process. So far it mostly appears to be press releases however there is a link to another web site called Presidential Transition Resources. I’m impressed with the openness of the future administration in helping to make it so easy to see some of the information and resources they are supplying to their transition team and employees (current and future).
 
Another good feature

The http://change.gov web site has a web page for each of the 24 items under Obama's agenda detailing his plans for that category. Some examples include Health Care, Economy, Foreign Policy, etc. Just click on the Agenda link on tip of the home page to see them.

You can send the Transition Team your feedback on each category just by pressing a link button. It's very easy! So, the next time you take a break from the JREF Forum, consider going over to Change.gov and letting them know your opinion.

Earliier this morning I gave them my 2 cents about Health Care. Hey, who knows? Someone might even read it! :)

BTW, I got an e-mail telling me about that feature from another web site I had posted about called http://whitehouse2.org.
 
Last edited:
The http://change.gov web site has a web page for each of the 24 items under Obama's agenda detailing his plans for that category. Some examples include Health Care, Economy, Foreign Policy, etc. Just click on the Agenda link on tip of the home page to see them. ..

I was disappointed to see "Science" missing from that agenda.
 
At first I was too. But I figured Obama has to be too smart to leave that out, so I looked some more . It's hidden under “Additional Issues” and also under Technology .

The Technology Agenda includes these bullet points:
  • Invest in the sciences
  • Invest in university-based research
  • Advance the biomedical research field
  • Advance stem cell research
  • Several bullet points on how to boost science and math in American education

And I especially liked this bullet point: :)

Restore Scientific Integrity to the White House: Restore the basic principle that government decisions should be based on the best-available, scientifically-valid evidence and not on ideological predispositions.


My guess is that the Science Agenda got buried because unfortunately we live in a country where many people don’t value education or science, and a lot of comedians and politicians have dismissed government funded science projects as a way to fund butterflies and what not.

OK, I’m off to eat some turkey. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
 
Last edited:
I was disappointed to see "Science" missing from that agenda.

Me too, although it should be known that the agenda page on Change.gov was basically copied from the "issues" pages on BarackObama.com, and as such, science (and transportation and the arts) being shoved into the background may simply be an indicator that it's really not a major issue for most voters. (Which is disappointing in its own way, of course.)

BarackObama.com might be a more useful resource for that thing, since they go into somewhat more detail with linking to PDFs of policy sheets and stuff.
 
Last edited:
At first I was too. But I figured Obama has to be too smart to leave that out, so I looked some more . It's hidden under “Additional Issues” and also under Technology .
And Education:
Make Math and Science Education a National Priority: Obama and Biden will recruit math and science degree graduates to the teaching profession and will support efforts to help these teachers learn from professionals in the field. They will also work to ensure that all children have access to a strong science curriculum at all grade levels.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom