• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Point of view....

I think there's also the phenomenon that people tend to identify with larger groups when they perceive pressure from outsiders against the whole group.

Individual Christians may see themselves as part of the group "people with Judeo-Christian values" when fighting against the godless heathens who are taking over American society, but will self-identify as Christians when pressured by Jews, as Protestants when pressured by Catholics, and as Methodists when pressured by Baptists.

So I think one would find more agreement that there's a "Christian point of view" than one might expect, as long as it's perceived as a statement of the "Christian point of view" in comparison to the non-Christian view.

If it's supposed to be the Christian point of view about whether baptism by immersion is necessary, all bets are off.

I'm not so sure about that, seeing some of the hostility between Protestant and Catholic. I think there's more a tendency toward the "No true Christian..." type of thinking.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom