• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Paul Offit plans new book on alternative medicine

Deetee

Illuminator
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
3,789
I hear that Offit is planning a new book on alternative medicine....

I think I'm going to write a book about alternative medicine. I think the subtitle of that book is going to be something like "How Alternative Medicine Hurts Us and Why We Let It Happen." The current working title is "Killing Them Softly." A number of people have actually taken on quackery and health fraud, but I sort of would like to try my perspective on taking that on.

Quite a lot to bite off imo, considering how his field of expertise is in vaccines/pediatrics primarily.

I think one of the best books was Rose Shapiro's "Suckers" - "How alternative medicine makes fools of us all"
 
Last edited:
I've enjoyed his other books, so I'd read that one. Now, if only I could get my sister-in-law to read up on Alt Med. :rolleyes:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom