Olowkow
Philosopher
- Joined
- Oct 29, 2007
- Messages
- 8,230
I use Skype with a video connection maybe twice a week to talk with certain friends or relatives. I have Windows 7 and a fairly new computer.
Approximately 3 times out of 10 when I connect, the other party says a)either they cannot hear me or b)my voice sounds like "Minnie Mouse", or Alvin and the chipmunks.
I have heard my "minnie mouse" voice coming back via their microphone, so I recognize it as some sort of sampling frequency error.
Concerning the "no audio" problem, if I check in Tools/options/audio settings, I notice that in fact my microphone is not working. Both of these problems are solved easily if I hang up and connect again. Skype then always works just fine for that conenction.
It is just a minor annoyance and not difficult to recover from on the spot, but I am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem and/or has figured out a permanent solution.
It is very strange that Googling this problem produces a few instances of people trying to figure out the "minnie mouse" voice, but no one seems to have ever come up with an answer.
Approximately 3 times out of 10 when I connect, the other party says a)either they cannot hear me or b)my voice sounds like "Minnie Mouse", or Alvin and the chipmunks.
I have heard my "minnie mouse" voice coming back via their microphone, so I recognize it as some sort of sampling frequency error.
Concerning the "no audio" problem, if I check in Tools/options/audio settings, I notice that in fact my microphone is not working. Both of these problems are solved easily if I hang up and connect again. Skype then always works just fine for that conenction.
It is just a minor annoyance and not difficult to recover from on the spot, but I am wondering if anyone has ever had this problem and/or has figured out a permanent solution.
It is very strange that Googling this problem produces a few instances of people trying to figure out the "minnie mouse" voice, but no one seems to have ever come up with an answer.