Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2006
- Messages
- 38,527
I bought more ammo since I thought the price was going to go up ... and I did it in the September before the election, as I was convinced Obama was going to win.
The fear of how far left he was suspected of being is what I think drove the boom in gun sales, since the farther left side has been championing further and further restrictions on firearms sales and ownership.
It appears that Obama isn't as far left as the perception held.
Supernovae, I suspect it is the perception of how he'd be on Gun Control that drove most of it, though your anecdote adds other motivations to that base motivation.
Didn't hear any of that talk around where I work, and most of us own guns as well as hunt.
DR
The fear of how far left he was suspected of being is what I think drove the boom in gun sales, since the farther left side has been championing further and further restrictions on firearms sales and ownership.
It appears that Obama isn't as far left as the perception held.
Supernovae, I suspect it is the perception of how he'd be on Gun Control that drove most of it, though your anecdote adds other motivations to that base motivation.
Didn't hear any of that talk around where I work, and most of us own guns as well as hunt.
DR