Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader, TLA Dictator
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35601282/ns/health-heart_health/
Did I miss something? The attached article makes this sound like it's not commonly used in North America. Any surgeons in the house?
I had a stent placed in my left carotid about seven months ago. It's a relatively common procedure over here. I did not, however, fit into the category that they mention in the article - too sick for surgery. I was only off work for a week! But, they wanted to do the stent because they thought it was a safer procedure since I had blockage in the arteries surrounding the heart, too. (Maybe that qualifies as "too sick", as this article is long on graphics and short on info.)
Did I miss something? The attached article makes this sound like it's not commonly used in North America. Any surgeons in the house?
I had a stent placed in my left carotid about seven months ago. It's a relatively common procedure over here. I did not, however, fit into the category that they mention in the article - too sick for surgery. I was only off work for a week! But, they wanted to do the stent because they thought it was a safer procedure since I had blockage in the arteries surrounding the heart, too. (Maybe that qualifies as "too sick", as this article is long on graphics and short on info.)