• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

New Dwarf Planet Discovered

Getting serious, it is interesting that the orbit is not close to circular. Something must have perturbed its orbit. Maybe planet X?

Yes, the question, "Where did it come from?" is quite interesting. If I remember my orbital mechanics, objects in orbit will eventually assume a more or less circular shape. Somehow Double-Double was perturbed into its current orbit. There is probably too little data to find out how this happened. As a WAG, if there is a big planet X, one would expect to see a greater impact than just one rogue example.

PS. I left the quote in about Northwestern Ontario to see what sort of reaction I would get -- I was not disappointed. ;)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom