• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Neil Gaiman "cancelled"?

Funny you certainly imply that people should change their opinion because the case got tossed.
Not at all. I said it was a separate question. I'm really not of the opinion that he should be absolved in the court of public opinion. It's a pattern of very creepy predatory behavior on his part.
 
Not at all. I said it was a separate question. I'm really not of the opinion that he should be absolved in the court of public opinion. It's a pattern of very creepy predatory behavior on his part.
Ah the "my thoughts are never connected to each other and you can't draw inferences from my statements, logical consistency is not to be found here" arguement.
 
Wasn't part of the reason for the USA venue that she travelled with them to the USA?
I think the main reason was that some readings of US anti-trafficking law supports the interpretation that it can be applied to any alleged trafficker in the US, regardless of where in the world the alleged trafficking occurred.
 
What I was attempting to say earlier is that this person seems to be complaining that the initial allegations were covered much more extensively by the press than the fact that this particular legal case appears to have fizzled out. It suggests that whoever is behind that substack (some ardent supporter of Gaiman apparently) seems to believe that he has been fully exonerated, and that people should know about that, but that doesn't seem to be the case either. Like I said, the court of public opinion has different standards than a court of law, and the two judgments don't always align with each other, nor should they necessarily.
 
Wasn't part of the reason for the USA venue that she travelled with them to the USA?
I understood that it was raised in an US court because there is no charge in NZ courts that can be used.
New Zealand's Accident Compensation Act 2001 generally bars people from suing for personal injury compensation through the court system, meaning civil litigation for sexual assault works differently there than in the US.
It is not unlike the dismissal of an USN rape case, with the decision being that that case also falls under accident compensation in the US as well.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom