• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Nazis in the South Pole?

Starwind51

New Blood
Joined
Aug 9, 2008
Messages
19
Someone in a local area webgroup posted this link, asking if other members think it's true or false. I gave it a brief looking over, then searched the JREF website using search terms "Nazis in the South Pole" and "Nazis, South Pole" but didn't find anything. I wasn't sure where to post the question, but guessed that the "History" aspect of this topic might be appropriate. Anybody know anything about this theory?

http://www.greyfalcon.us/restored/Antarctica.htm
 
I think it is more of a Conspiracy Theory.
How could Germans have an Antarctic base that has eluded Science Teams there for 50 years? Even better why wouldn't they have come out by now?
Yeah I think this is a load of bollocks...
 
Wow! This should be good! This thread starts with a Godwin, has a conspiracy, has UFO's....

Now all we need is a protagonist with a whip!

/me is getting the nibblies ready!
 
Antarctic Nazi bases established for the purpose of post-war advancement of Nazi goals have been a staple of pulp sci-fi since the 40s. Some amateur Finnish filmmakers are making a full-length film based on the concept. (Check out the trailer - it's wicked awesome.) I think even Clive Cussler used the idea in one of his books.

But it's completely a fictional concept.
 
"Antarctic Nazi bases established for the purpose of post-war advancement of Nazi goals.."

How's that working out for them? Clearly, one of the most effective war investments ever!

;)
 
Antarctic Nazi bases established for the purpose of post-war advancement of Nazi goals have been a staple of pulp sci-fi since the 40s. Some amateur Finnish filmmakers are making a full-length film based on the concept. (Check out the trailer - it's wicked awesome.) I think even Clive Cussler used the idea in one of his books.

But it's completely a fictional concept.

Agreed, [weak pun] while being cool as hell...[/weak pun]
It is also complete and total bs. lol
 
"Antarctic Nazi bases established for the purpose of post-war advancement of Nazi goals.."

How's that working out for them? Clearly, one of the most effective war investments ever!

;)

That makes me wonder... how are they dealing with Global Warming?

It must make them feel hot under their collar.
 
That makes me wonder... how are they dealing with Global Warming?

It must make them feel hot under their collar.

Nazi Officer-"Perhaps building our new subs entirely out of ice was not a good idea for invading America through the Gulf of Mexico..."
Nazi NCOs-*Shake heads in dismay*:eek:
 
Antarctic Nazi bases established for the purpose of post-war advancement of Nazi goals have been a staple of pulp sci-fi since the 40s. Some amateur Finnish filmmakers are making a full-length film based on the concept. (Check out the trailer - it's wicked awesome.) I think even Clive Cussler used the idea in one of his books.

But it's completely a fictional concept.

And Robert A. Heinlein has them on the moon in "Rocket Ship Galileo."
 
And Robert A. Heinlein has them on the moon in "Rocket Ship Galileo."

Check out the link to the film I mentioned. The antarctic base was used to colonize the moon. (Seriously, the trailer is really cool.)
 
I think that storyline was also used by Marvel as a Captain America storyline in the 60's.
 
Check out the link to the film I mentioned. The antarctic base was used to colonize the moon. (Seriously, the trailer is really cool.)

If the trailer you are refering to is the 35-second clip for the film "Iron Sky" that depicts hundreds of space craft coming from the moon towards the Earth, it is neither "wicked awesome" or "really cool." You must be easily aroused.
 
If the trailer you are refering to is the 35-second clip for the film "Iron Sky" that depicts hundreds of space craft coming from the moon towards the Earth, it is neither "wicked awesome" or "really cool." You must be easily aroused.

I don't know who pissed in your Wheaties this morning, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. Unless you're Arnold...You're name's not Arnold, is it? Because I only pissed in one bowl of Wheaties this morning, and it was Arnold's.

If you're not Arnold, I can't help you.


(Not that I would even if you were Arnold, of course...Hell, I piss in his cereal. It's not like I love the guy.)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom