• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Nagin Convicted of Corruption

Poor Fella, needs to take lessons from Chris Christie.
 
New Orleans politics is so steeped in sleaze that I don't know if they can ever eradicate it. The main thing with this is that he really didn't do much to hide it; it was rather in the open. Prosecutors usually have to go with one or two items and chuck the ones they're suspicious about but can't prove. He left them a trail of breadcrumbs from the levy to the lakefront.

I hope he does hard time, but fear that he'll get three or four in a cushy white collar prison.
 
Absolutely. He then might know how to actually handle weather emergencies.

Perhaps Christie took Nagin's "calculate how this will benefit me and then loudly blame everybody else" strategy as an example of what not to do.
 
It seems Nagin taught Lorenzo Langford his method of "ignore the problem and when stuff hits the fan, blame the guys trying to warn him" at the very least.
 
I used to think that the title of "Most Corrupt City In America" was a slam dunk for Chicago, but the Big Easy seems to be giving it some real competition.
 
Last edited:
Chicago got too comfortable and rested on its laurels. there are a lot of hungry, innovative hucksters out there running America's cities. You should see how Sharpe James ran Newark.
 
Clutch the pearls how dreadful. I never (yawn) believed anything like this went on in Louisiana politics. Someone pour me a mint julep; I don't think I can stand the shock.
 
Are there any Black mayors who have not be involved in criminal activities, corruption, or malfeasance?
 
It's almost as if race is not the key factor in corruption.
 
Clutch the pearls how dreadful. I never (yawn) believed anything like this went on in Louisiana politics. Someone pour me a mint julep; I don't think I can stand the shock.

It's the conviction that's the shocking part.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom