EeneyMinnieMoe
Philosopher
- Joined
- Feb 11, 2007
- Messages
- 7,221
I'm graduating from college this year, if all goes well, and am now on my last semester before I get a Bachelor's.
As part of a Pluralism and Diversity requirement that's mandatory to graduate, I had to take an African American studies class and took an African American literature class.
I'm not too happy about having to take the class- nothing against African American literature at all, just that the class didn't fit into my schedule, isn't at a good time and I didn't want to take it of my own accord- but I'm pretty unhappy about the professor. She seems like a sweet lady but doesn't seem like the best or most well educated teacher or the smartest person, to be frank, but that's the least of it.
She believes the Reagan adminstration delibrately planted drugs in the black community.
She tells us about "positive thinking" and how "the universe responds to positive and negative thinking". She told us so when someone offhandedly complained he had a hard time on the paper and she recommended he "think positive" so the universe will help. "Negative thoughts" will only make you write a worse paper, she said.
She believes she can feel the pain of her ancestors as they were taken to America on slaves ships. She blames her back pain on it and tells us she believes each of us might feel the experiences of our ancestors.
She says she prays to nature. Calls nature "Her".
When trying to explain the Out of Africa theory, she seemed to think Watson and Crick discovered it and Leakey was involved and seemed to confuse Lucy with Ardi.
She says she thinks Dick Cheney started two wars and shot his friend in the face because of trauma in his childhood. Yes, she actually said that. When? When explaining the theory of cognitive dissonance, which she says is the explanation behind slavery and racism. "Cognitive dissonance" apparently also made Dick Cheney delibrately shoot his friend in the face.
When she talked about the infamous Central Park Jogger case, she said that the "alleged victim" was taken to the hospital where she "Mysteriously FORGOT! The whole thing!" and it was a conspiracy between the victim and the police.
And she says 9/11 may have been a conspiracy designed to provide justification for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
And more.
Anyone ever had a professor like that? It's the first time I've ever had a teacher like this, in all four years at college. It may be unkind of me but I sometimes wonder how she became a professor. She belongs on Oprah, not in college.
As part of a Pluralism and Diversity requirement that's mandatory to graduate, I had to take an African American studies class and took an African American literature class.
I'm not too happy about having to take the class- nothing against African American literature at all, just that the class didn't fit into my schedule, isn't at a good time and I didn't want to take it of my own accord- but I'm pretty unhappy about the professor. She seems like a sweet lady but doesn't seem like the best or most well educated teacher or the smartest person, to be frank, but that's the least of it.
She believes the Reagan adminstration delibrately planted drugs in the black community.
She tells us about "positive thinking" and how "the universe responds to positive and negative thinking". She told us so when someone offhandedly complained he had a hard time on the paper and she recommended he "think positive" so the universe will help. "Negative thoughts" will only make you write a worse paper, she said.
She believes she can feel the pain of her ancestors as they were taken to America on slaves ships. She blames her back pain on it and tells us she believes each of us might feel the experiences of our ancestors.
She says she prays to nature. Calls nature "Her".
When trying to explain the Out of Africa theory, she seemed to think Watson and Crick discovered it and Leakey was involved and seemed to confuse Lucy with Ardi.
She says she thinks Dick Cheney started two wars and shot his friend in the face because of trauma in his childhood. Yes, she actually said that. When? When explaining the theory of cognitive dissonance, which she says is the explanation behind slavery and racism. "Cognitive dissonance" apparently also made Dick Cheney delibrately shoot his friend in the face.
When she talked about the infamous Central Park Jogger case, she said that the "alleged victim" was taken to the hospital where she "Mysteriously FORGOT! The whole thing!" and it was a conspiracy between the victim and the police.
And she says 9/11 may have been a conspiracy designed to provide justification for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
And more.
Anyone ever had a professor like that? It's the first time I've ever had a teacher like this, in all four years at college. It may be unkind of me but I sometimes wonder how she became a professor. She belongs on Oprah, not in college.
Last edited:
