Questioninggeller
Illuminator
- Joined
- May 11, 2002
- Messages
- 3,048
Mike Jones, the gay masseur who outed Ted Haggard's gay relationship and meth usage, wrote a letter to him, which was in turn read on Oprah and will air next week.
Jones wrote:
Source with full story
The near last line was in reference to HBO's The Trials of Ted Haggard, which will air January 29, 2009.
I wonder if Haggard will explore not such much his hypocrisy, but how his and others' anti-gay rants/platforms have made young homosexuals' struggles with their identity more difficult. Since Haggard says he still struggles with that issue, I'd like to know.
Jones wrote:
Mikes Jones said:Dear Ted:
You have publicly apologized to me. I accept your apology. However, I cannot speak for the millions of proud gay men and women. I hope you understand the anger and sadness that overcame me once I discovered who you were. As a gay man who has fought for gay rights since my early teens, continually being treated as a 2nd class citizen, has never set well with me. I have second guessed myself so many times on my actions that I too have been brought to tears and loneliness. I believe you are a good person and could do so much more, my only sadness is that you have decided to make your comeback so publicly that is will open old wounds and new ones. My best to you and your family.
Sincerely,
Mike Jones
Source with full story
The near last line was in reference to HBO's The Trials of Ted Haggard, which will air January 29, 2009.
I wonder if Haggard will explore not such much his hypocrisy, but how his and others' anti-gay rants/platforms have made young homosexuals' struggles with their identity more difficult. Since Haggard says he still struggles with that issue, I'd like to know.
Last edited: