• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Mental illness and the 9/11 Truther movement...

Tinfoil Hater

Graduate Poster
Joined
Jan 8, 2010
Messages
1,440
It seems paranoia and seeing conspiracies in everthing goes hand in hand with mental illness- so it's no shock there are many mentally ill '9'11 truthers'.

The people who hold '9/11 was an inside job' signs on street corners are no different than the Christian nuts who hold the 'Accept Jesus or burn in hell' signs on street corners...

I've met a few 9/11 Truther crazies...like one Truther who was convinced I worked for the government when I dismissed their 9/11 conspiracy paranoia as absurd...

Who are some of the high profile 9/11 Truthers that have published, or have blogs whose sanity is in question? I think for such people, their state of mind, or lack therof, is enough to strip them of any credibility.....Some of these people make Glen Beck look sane (and Beck's a total nutcase!)

If some of these people got psychitaric help, and/or were medicated, perhaps they'd overcome their paranoia...
 
Last edited:
It seems paranoia and seeing conspiracies in everthing goes hand in hand with mental illness- so it's no shock there are many mentally ill '9'11 truthers'.

The people who hold '9/11 was an inside job' signs on street corners are no different than the Christian nuts who hold the 'Accept Jesus or burn in hell' signs on street corners...

I've met a few 9/11 Truther crazies...like one Truther who was convinced I worked for the government when I dismissed their 9/11 conspiracy paranoia as absurd...

Who are some of the high profile 9/11 Truthers that have published, or have blogs whose sanity is in question? I think for such people, their state of mind, or lack therof, is enough to strip them of any credibility.....Some of these people make Glen Beck look sane (and Beck's a total nutcase!)

If some of these people got psychitaric help, and/or were medicated, perhaps they'd overcome their paranoia...

Well, there was Rosalie (Webfairy) Grable's psychiatric incarceration and Sean Fitzgerald's murder of his father in the throes of a psychotic breakdown and some other examples, but on the whole I don't think truthers are more mentally ill than the population at large.

They are nutty to be sure but not, strictly speaking, mentally ill in the clinical sense of the term.
 
Judy Woo-woo and John "The Dog Ate My Homework" Hutchison. Albert Stubblebine, Killtown
 
The people who hold '9/11 was an inside job' signs on street corners are no different than the Christian nuts who hold the 'Accept Jesus or burn in hell' signs on street corners...

Even in New York City it's rare to see anyone holding a "9/11 was an inside job" sign. A few of the nuts still come out on Saturdays to the WTC site, but you don't see it any other time, any other place in the city.

The Jesus people outnumber them 1,000 to 1.
 
You know, you can get a mod to correct the thread title for you. I know you meant "is" and not "and".
 
I know a lot of these guys personally. Mostly, I talk with them over the Net about things unrelated to 911. If you're not talking abput crazy stuff, the ones I know come across as OK. I have no doubt there are really crazy people among them. Why wouldn't there be? There are nuts like Black Krishna in Toronto and the list of killers who have also ascribed to 911 Truth ideas. You could be genuinely nuts and you'd just come across as 'intense'.

But the reality is that most of them are just young kids playing at being radical. aside from being offensive, 911 Truth is pretty much dead. It Dicky Gage playing at being a lobbyist. It's a bunch of We Are Change kids who live in the freest place on Earth so they get to pretend they're political criminals without any risk. It's a bunch of CIT guys who forgot they turned the videos games off. It's just morons. Some of them are crazy, but most of them aren't.
 
I won't get into detail here...this topic has been done MANY times, and a search either with the JREF search or Google "Mental Health", "JREF", and "9/11" should get you something.

TAM:)
 
It seems paranoia and seeing conspiracies in everthing goes hand in hand with mental illness- so it's no shock there are many mentally ill '9'11 truthers'.


Really? Please provide a few names, along with the specific mental illness they were diagnosed with.
 
Judy Woo-woo and John "The Dog Ate My Homework" Hutchison. Albert Stubblebine, Killtown



For some reason that phrase reminded me of one of our esteemed literary members who, for some reason, has chosen not to post here in recent times.


OldSchool said:
Although I did recieve an A the final report, which I completed detailing the CIA's most horrific deeds, was seized by federal agents moments after she was done grading it....
 
um...debunkers don't run around yellin and screamin about chemtrails, men in black, martial law, Mossad dual-citizens, Nazi prozac, etc etc.

truthers do have the monopoly on insanity.




I wonder if 9/11 Truthers think the movie 'They Live' (with Rowdy Roddy piper) was real, in that space aliens control everything, and only those with special sunglasses can see the truth...

I really don't see the difference between the 9/11 Truthers that protest down at ground zero, heolding their Truther signs aloft, with the Christian nuts with their 'Accept Jesus or burn in Hell' signs.....The religous nuts may outnumber the Truther nuts, but they're both detached from reality.....
 
Last edited:
um...debunkers don't run around yellin and screamin about chemtrails, men in black, martial law, Mossad dual-citizens, Nazi prozac, etc etc.


That's how sane people should act. Apparently we've got it all wrong. Who knew? Well, I guess we wouldn't know... because we're insaaaaaaane!
 
Last edited:
Just a reminder to keep the discussion away from forum members.
Posted By: Gaspode
 
Why does 9/11 have to have been an inside job for the world to be a hideous, perverted, lie-filled dystopia?
 
Yes, this thread has been done before several times. Some additional data points:

Clare Swinney:

I was wrongly diagnosed as delusional by the psychiatric staff of Ward 7 at Northland Base Hospital in Whangarei and held hospital against my will for 11 days in mid-2006, because I maintained the attacks of 9/11 were orchestrated by criminal elements inside the US Administration.

Mike Cook:

I had been giving my aide, and sometimes her daughter, a ride home after school and I knew that to discontinue this would be a considerable inconvenience for her. I was very willing to continue giving her a ride, but I felt apprehensive that she was not aware of the circumstance she was in while riding with me so I tried to inform her somewhat and showed her my pistol to emphasize that I was serious about this, that this was reality. She "freaked out" and took this information to my boss, who took it to the police.

James Von Brunn:

Authorities have confirmed that James W Von Brunn, a known anti-Semite who has published works concerning Adolf Hitler, the Third Reich and white supremacy was the gunman who entered Washington D.C.’s Holocaust Museum on Wednesday and shot a security guard before being shot himself.
 
Yes, this thread has been done before several times. Some additional data points:

Clare Swinney:



Mike Cook:



James Von Brunn:

James Von Brunn was not a truther.

Claire Swinney was held at a psychiactric institution BECAUSE she said 911 was inside job. You can't use that kind of circular reasoning.

Mike Cook I have never heard of.

EDIT TO ADD: You cannot just incarcerate someone in a mental hospital because they believe 911 was an inside job, that sounds to me like an illegal case. If you were able to do that then you could simply lock up anyone ho believed in god.

Nobody has established a link between mental illness and believing in a 911 conspiracy.
 
Last edited:
James Von Brunn was not a truther.

Claire Swinney was held at a psychiactric institution BECAUSE she said 911 was inside job. You can't use that kind of circular reasoning.

Mike Cook I have never heard of.

So what's wrong with doing this? I think this a good course of action. Sweep the streets clear of this 911 Truther trash and put them all in hospitals 'til they shut up.
 
I really don't see the difference between the 9/11 Truthers that protest down at ground zero, heolding their Truther signs aloft, with the Christian nuts with their 'Accept Jesus or burn in Hell' signs.....The religous nuts may outnumber the Truther nuts, but they're both detached from reality.....

I disagree with that. There is a significant difference between a religious nut and a 9/11 twoofer - the first one believes the unprovable is true. The second one believes that something that was proven wrong is true because it wasn't proven wrong.

But yeah, both come from the same stock. One is just a lot worse than the other.

McHrozni
 
Swinney was really briliant, wasn't she? She tried to prove that she was not guanophrenic by demonstrating that she had solid scientific evidence of something on the basis of the writings of a bunch of lunatics.
 
I won't get into detail here...this topic has been done MANY times, and a search either with the JREF search or Google "Mental Health", "JREF", and "9/11" should get you something.

TAM:)

Or try "Angry Young Boys"
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom