• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

McCain: "My Fellow Prisoners"?

boloboffin

Unregistered
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,986
Today, John McCain made an interesting gaffe. When he meant to say "fellow citizens" or "fellow Americans," he in fact said "fellow prisoners."



Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners and the same standards of clarity and candor must now be applied to my opponent.

Now hay will of course be made about such a slip. People concerned with McCain's age and physical health will not be calmed by such a statement.

But to me it's interesting to see McCain's daughter and Sarah Palin behind McCain as he says this.

The daughter acts as I'd expect someone to react. As soon as he says it, she is puzzled as she wonders if that's really what he said. But he keeps moving forward and so she shrugs it off. But Palin reacts differently. She's glancing off at someone yelling in the crowd, and I don't blame her with their recent history. Then McCain says "prisoners," and at first there's nothing at all on her face, like a speeder savvy enough to take his foot off the accelerator upon spotting a cop car without hitting the brake. But right at the end she gets a small, sad expression.

Palin knows it's over.
 
I was just going to post this link as well. I don't know what it tells us, I would not read too much into it but it is interesting.
 
I would hope that McCain's daughter gets into the Porn Biz....Or at least into the Britney Spears kinda rag mag biz.

As far as the "prisoners" quote...he either was playing the POW card, or he was suggesting that the Gubmint has taken us all hostage.

Either way, it was another odd Grampy moment.

That dude is kinda off...
 
I would hope that McCain's daughter gets into the Porn Biz....Or at least into the Britney Spears kinda rag mag biz.

As far as the "prisoners" quote...he either was playing the POW card, or he was suggesting that the Gubmint has taken us all hostage.

Either way, it was another odd Grampy moment.

That dude is kinda off...Even in the way he was pacing around the stage last night...at one point I expected him to pounce on Obama with a dagger, or a shiv.
 
McCain probably does feel like POO (Prisoner Of Obama) after the debate last night. :duck:
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom