• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Marxist Madness --> Nelson Mandela

NightG1 said:


My son went to a birthday party today and brought back two ballons. He went out in the back yard and released them. They went WAY up in the air.

AHEM! How far did they go?:D
 
For what it's worth, Mandela made himself sound like an a**hole. Why do people revere the man? I understand that he was imprisoned and tortured by the South African government, and he didn't break under duress. For that, he deserves respect. Apart from being on the right side of apartheid and being a victim of the regime, what qualities does the man possess that would lead people to listen to his opinions? He's a Marxist and his former wife was a bloodthirsty thug... these things alone would lead me to question his character.
 
It demonstrates that even a**holes may go to prison for the wrong reasons.

I have lost whatever respect I had for the old man.

--J.D.
 
Originally posted by crackmonkey:
Apart from being on the right side of apartheid and being a victim of the regime, what qualities does the man possess that would lead people to listen to his opinions? He's a Marxist and his former wife was a bloodthirsty thug... these things alone would lead me to question his character.

Originally posted by Doctor X:
It demonstrates that even a**holes may go to prison for the wrong reasons.

I have lost whatever respect I had for the old man.



You racist fellow travellers of white supremacists!
 
The latest quote I read from this goof yesterday said something like "Why are the U.S. and Britain intent on underming the efforts of the U.N.? Is it because the U.N. President is black?".

Do you have a reference for that or are you just making it up?

For what it's worth, Mandela made himself sound like an ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊. Why do people revere the man? I understand that he was imprisoned and tortured by the South African government, and he didn't break under duress. For that, he deserves respect. Apart from being on the right side of apartheid and being a victim of the regime, what qualities does the man possess that would lead people to listen to his opinions? He's a Marxist and his former wife was a bloodthirsty thug... these things alone would lead me to question his character.

He made himself sound like an 'a**hole' to you because he dared to be critical of your world-view without resorting to the verbal contortions that diplomats are obliged to perform.

If he is such a marxist, why does South Africa have a market economy? And if you are wondering what makes him so great- well, the fact that South Africa never erupted into a full scale blood bath/civil war might give you a hint.
 
When was Nelson Mandela in Madness? What instrument did he play? I know The Specials released a single called "Free Nelson Mandela" (which was a quite groovy tune as I recall); maybe they knew something about Madness that we didn't, like Mandela being bound by contractual obligations to the band when in fact he wanted to leave. Hmmm...
 
Jon_in_london said:
Do you have a reference for that or are you just making it up?

Link to the Cape Argus

If he is such a marxist, why does South Africa have a market economy? And if you are wondering what makes him so great- well, the fact that South Africa never erupted into a full scale blood bath/civil war might give you a hint. [/B]

Agreed, absolutely - for this alone, he deserves mucho respect.

As for him being a Marxist, not true. A lot of support was given to the ANC from Marxist sources, and the ANC does have roots in Marxist ideology, mainly rhetorical, but with the fall of the Communist regime, these petered out. There is still an alliance between the ANC and the SA Communist Party, but that link is tenuous at best. The Communists are being sidelined because the ANC realises that there is no contribution that Marxism can give.

As for the "black UN leader" quote, I must admit that was really just downright stupid, and there is no excuse for that.

EB
 
BillyTK said:
When was Nelson Mandela in Madness? What instrument did he play? I know The Specials released a single called "Free Nelson Mandela" (which was a quite groovy tune as I recall); maybe they knew something about Madness that we didn't, like Mandela being bound by contractual obligations to the band when in fact he wanted to leave. Hmmm...
He actually invented the nutty dance.
All I know is I ain't gonna play Sun City.
 
subgenius said:

He actually invented the nutty dance.
All I know is I ain't gonna play Sun City.

Word! They're stabbing our brothers and sisters in the back! Let me hear you say... :D
 
Jedi Knight said:


Yeah but I got a gazillion PM's asking me to come back. That is why I didn't leave. Folks love me here.

JK

Wow, a new secondary tag line!

But not to sidetrack things, I still have not seen the movie Groundhog Day. Although I have often thought that groundhogs are rather cute given their rodent heritage and swine name, and I like the comedy of Bill Murray.
 
Crossbow said:


Wow, a new secondary tag line!

But not to sidetrack things, I still have not seen the movie Groundhog Day. Although I have often thought that groundhogs are rather cute given their rodent heritage and swine name, and I like the comedy of Bill Murray.
Get the movie. I'll give you your money back if you don't like it.
 
I finally saw "Groundhog Day" about a year after it was released and, to my surprise, I liked it. How many times have I said, "I wish I could do that over again?" What if you could keep doing it until you get it right? Interesting premise; and I always thought Murray is funny.
 
He made himself sound like an 'a**hole' to you because he dared to be critical of your world-view

The two are not mutually exclusive. Here is an example:

BEING AN A**HOLE: "◊◊◊◊ you, whitey!"

CHALLANGING YOUR WORLD VIEW: "We are secretly controlled by martians."

BEING AN ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ AND CHALLANGING YOUR WORLD VIEW AT THE SAME TIME: "We are secretly controlled by whiteys like you. ◊◊◊◊ you, whitey!"

The last one is (a free translation of) Mandela's statement.
 
Not to mention ignorant, since, apparently, Mandela never bothered to talk to George the Younger's Secretary of State.

--J.D.
 
Skeptic said:
He made himself sound like an '◊◊◊◊◊◊◊' to you because he dared to be critical of your world-view

The two are not mutually exclusive. Here is an example:

BEING AN ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊: "◊◊◊◊ you, whitey!"

CHALLANGING YOUR WORLD VIEW: "We are secretly controlled by martians."

BEING AN ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ AND CHALLANGING YOUR WORLD VIEW AT THE SAME TIME: "We are secretly controlled by whiteys like you. ◊◊◊◊ you, whitey!"

The last one is (a free translation of) Mandela's statement.

shame.
 
http://kcal9.com/topstories/topstories_story_031073341.html

Here is a news article outlining Mendelas hypocritical, racist, anti- American speech. What wonderful contributions has this commie contributed to mankind?

Heres a quote:
Why is the United States behaving so arrogantly?" he asked. "All that (Mr. Bush) wants is Iraqi oil. Is it because the secretary-general of the United Nations is now a black man? They never did that when secretary-generals were white," he sai
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom