• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Many Wall St insiders agree with OWS.

daenku32

Master Poster
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,189
On Wall Street, Some Insiders Express Quiet Outrage

The insiders have a critique similar to that of the outsiders. The financial industry has strayed far from being an intermediary between companies that want to raise capital so they can sell people things they want. Instead, it is a machine to enrich itself, fleecing customers and widening income inequality. When it goes off the rails, it impoverishes the rest of us. When the crises come, as they inevitably do, banks hold the economy hostage, warning that they will shoot us in the head if we don’t bail them out.
...
I asked Richard Kramer, who used to work as a technology analyst at Goldman Sachs until he got fed up with how it did business and now runs his own firm, Arete Research, what was going wrong. He sees it as part of the business model.

“There have been repeated fines and malfeasance at literally all the investment banks, but it doesn’t seem to affect their behavior much,” he said. “So I have to conclude it is part of strategy as simple cost/benefit analysis, that fines and legal costs are a small price to pay for the profits.”
...
One notable absence in this crisis and its aftermath was a great statesman from the financial industry who would publicly embrace reform that mattered. Instead, mere months after the trillions had flowed from taxpayers and the Federal Reserve, they were back defending their prerogatives and fighting any regulations or changes to their business.

Hope that is not quoting too much. It was such a great article that I strongly recommend reading it. Plenty of good information of what is going on and what people have observed.
 
nearly all of the analysts I follow have expressed outrage at the general levels of fraud and criminality, and complete lack of accountability.

I don't hear very many people outraged at the $1.2 billion of CUSTOMER MONEY STOLEN by John Corzine's MF Global a month ago?
 
On Wall Street, Some Insiders Express Quiet Outrage



Hope that is not quoting too much. It was such a great article that I strongly recommend reading it. Plenty of good information of what is going on and what people have observed.

It's anecdotally interesting but that's all. One of those cited says he "is particularly outraged over compensation for bank executives." Was he as outraged at the bonuses, incentives, options, salary, and benefits that he himself received as an employee at a Wall Street firm?

The article concludes with a reference to a "secret confederacy" since those who work on Wall Street would not "publicly embrace reform that mattered."

Isn't that simply a projection upon those who make decisions on Wall Street by somebody with no better options on paper? I'll bet scores of Wall Street employees are similarly writing timorous screeds and offering platitudes to gullible journalists seeking some sort of legitimacy for the Occupy "movement". If I worked on Wall Street and had a bit of time on my hands I'd probably do exactly the same thing.

It's a poorly-conceived article. The author needs to go one step further and answer his own questions instead of retreading conspiraloon arguments about "secret confederacies" to discover why nobody from Wall Street will ever publicly express solidarity with those camping in the public parks nearby. I've gotten the ball rolling for them so it would be nice if they finished the job.
 
nearly all of the analysts I follow have expressed outrage at the general levels of fraud and criminality, and complete lack of accountability.

I don't hear very many people outraged at the $1.2 billion of CUSTOMER MONEY STOLEN by John Corzine's MF Global a month ago?

I think people have just about reached the point of terminal apathy. They complain, write letters to their politicians, newspapers, etc. They march and protest.

And nothing gets done.

So they hunker down and do what they can to save themselves for as long as possible.

Until that becomes unworkable as conditions continue to deteriorate. At that point the masses, having literally nothing left to lose, will start seriously turning on our plutocrats.

And then we'll see "class warfare" leave the debating stage and the theoretical and hit the streets with guns and firebombs.
 
nearly all of the analysts I follow have expressed outrage at the general levels of fraud and criminality, and complete lack of accountability.

I don't hear very many people outraged at the $1.2 billion of CUSTOMER MONEY STOLEN by John Corzine's MF Global a month ago?

I haven't spent a lot of time looking into it, but was it mostly 1%'er on 1%'er crime?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom