• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Magic: The Gathering meets Chemistry

JamesM

Graduate Poster
Joined
Mar 10, 2002
Messages
1,821
...it's Elementeo!

Check out the card names. Sodium dragon! Carbon conqueror! Er, Rubbing Alcohol!

Don't try and tell me it doesn't look like teh awesome.
 
That's really cute. I've often seen my younger sibs deep in the arcane calculations needed to play Pokemon and wondered if this interest could be harnessed for the power of education rather than just marketing.
 
Looks nice and potentially complex. I like the inclusion of a board area and card movement (something that's really lacking in MtG). Not sure how sensible it is to make the flavor text more prominent than the rules text on the card, but then it is supposed to be educational...

I foresee several Isotope expansions :)

Edit: Heh. If "Electron Exchange" sees more play than the never-used Psychic Transfer, it will be only because they are skipping the Mirror Universe step :D
 
Last edited:
I made a similar game once for my students which used the reaction series of metals. It was kind of cool, although not very complicated. The kids liked it.

Athon
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom