• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Maajid Nawaz beaten up in racist attack

For the sake of argument, and because I'm honestly not sure I can agree with this... can you define how you determine these three groups to be targets?

I mean, I know there are attacks like the one on the synagogue and the black church by Dylan Roof and sometimes people get gay bashed and such, but is that enough to mean these groups "are targets" ? Perhaps...

But there are attacks on whites for racial reasons too, so are there any groups which aren't targets? Is it meaningful to be a group which is a target if every group is?

I get your point. all groups are targeted in different situations. I have personally been targeted (wasp, here). But I think it is fair to say that the three groups I mention are victimized specifically for the group they are in at a much higher rate, and victimized more aggressively.
 
I have no doubt the attack happened and he sounds like a top bloke, but unless I missed something really obvious, I see no evidence of how it was racially motivated.

People king hit people in London all the time
 
I have no doubt the attack happened and he sounds like a top bloke, but unless I missed something really obvious, I see no evidence of how it was racially motivated.

People king hit people in London all the time

I guess the context of the attack would've convinced him that it was motivated so.
 
I have no doubt the attack happened and he sounds like a top bloke, but unless I missed something really obvious, I see no evidence of how it was racially motivated.

People king hit people in London all the time

Witnesses were there.

The attacker immediately fled the scene but Nawaz said there were witnesses who heard the racial abuse and have given statements to the police, who “have his face on CCTV”.
 
Thanks, Jussie, you really struck a blow against empowered violent racists everywhere.

This is as ignorant as those who act like women complaining about "less serious" sexual harassment and assault "makes it harder for REAL victims to be taken seriously". As if the far-right needed an exemplar to be able dismiss any claim of racism.
 
This is as ignorant as those who act like women complaining about "less serious" sexual harassment and assault "makes it harder for REAL victims to be taken seriously".

What a great analogy. Aside from the fact less serious assaults are still assault whereas Smollett actually hoaxed his attack in order to spread hate. I guess that devoted Smollett supporters, desperate to believe the worst about all vile white Trump supporters even if it's on the back of proven fake evidence, are unconcerned with the truth, eh?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom