Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
Meant to reply to this earlier.It is not necessary to go to Randi's location to conduct an MDC test. As long as the protocol defines procedures to be followed, including location, then the test can be conducted anywhere where those conditions are met.
I did consider explaining this to flaccon at the beginning but it makes more sense for her to work with people in the same time zone initially. I'm not sure if JREF still insist on the media/academic requirements before accepting an application, but I know they've said they'd waive them for anyone who had already won one of the smaller prizes. Plus their main requirement is, of course, a willingness by the applicant to submit to objective testing, so it was worth waiting until it was clear that was the case before bringing her the good news that she doesn't actually need to fly in order to take the MDC.