• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Looking for a car and driver...

xinit

Muse
Joined
Jul 31, 2007
Messages
581
I'm thinking in finding a grocery store for soda and food supplies. Being Vegas, maybe some booze and weapons too? A Target or Wal*Mart would likely work, especially if there's a T-Mobile or AT&T vendor nearby.

Anyone with a car and no plans other than to drive around Vegas in the afternoon on Tuesday or Wednesday?
 
Not going to be there, but I found Vegas to be surprisingly compact. Cab fares would not be outrageous if you can't find a ride.
 
Not going to be there, but I found Vegas to be surprisingly compact. Cab fares would not be outrageous if you can't find a ride.

Yeah, it's not bad - there's a couple places within a short hop that will be cab-friendly. More interested in finding if anyone's going anyway and wants company :)
 
Isn't there a convenience store just kitty-corner from the hotel?
 
There's a Lee's Discount Liquor store less than one mile north of the South Point on Las Vegas Blvd. It's only about 15-20 minutes walking if you can't find a ride.

There's also a Food For Less about 2 miles north of the South Point.

I can't offer a ride, I will be without a car in LV.
 
There is a pretty good selection of liquor in the store that is right there in the South Point. I was surprised by the selection and reasonable prices. Soft drinks however, not so much. I may try the (in)convenience store across the street for mixers.
 
There is a pretty good selection of liquor in the store that is right there in the South Point. I was surprised by the selection and reasonable prices. Soft drinks however, not so much. I may try the (in)convenience store across the street for mixers.


Yes, ethanol is not hard to find in Vegas. :D

Other beverages may be a bit more difficult.
 
There's a Lee's Discount Liquor store less than one mile north of the South Point on Las Vegas Blvd. It's only about 15-20 minutes walking if you can't find a ride.

I do think I need to go to Lee's again - that was an amusing trip. I did buy a couple things there, and a bottle of rum at the SP shop. I think this year I will get my damned Crystal Skull magic vodka... it was a bit cheaper at the SP than at Lee's which was odd. I will name it George, and I will take really good care of it.
 
Yeah, the handles of rum at the SP shop are surprisingly cheap...suspiciously so...
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom