• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Limbaugh: "The Obama Recession Has Begun"

I can't listen to him but my parents eat up his stuff as gospel truth in addition to Paul Harvey.

Even though I generally didn't agree, I could listen to someone like William F. Buckley, Jr. because he was intelligent and erudite but the pundits like Rush are simply shock jocks with little reasoning capability.
 
Whatever, after the last 8 years of the media trashing Bush and the economy 24/7, Obama running a divisive campaign of "blame Bush for everything bad" for the last 2 years, is it realistic to expect a turnaround in a day or two? Obama and the media might have done their job too well and they've started something they don't know how to stop.
The media has been trashing Bush for the last eight years? In fact, the media itself has been examining their role in furthering the Bush Iraq agenda.

The media has been trashing the economy 24/7 for the last eight years? You must be joking. The media has been AWOL on the economy.
 
Say, whatever happened to the allegations that he illegally purchased drugs?
He did some hard time for that.
Limbaugh was booked, photographed, and fingerprinted, but not handcuffed. He was then was released after about an hour on $3,000 bail. After his surrender, he filed a "not guilty" plea to the charge. Prosecutors agreed to drop the charge if Limbaugh paid $30,000 to defray the cost of the investigation and completed an 18-month therapy regimen with his physician.
 
Rush Limbaugh can say anything he wants. But why or why would anybody pay attention to anything that fat junkie says anymore?
 
He lost me the moment he gleefully quoted whoever referred to Obama as a "magic negro."
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,5335087.story?coll=la-opinion-center

The original article was by LA Times reporter By David Ehrenstein, who, according to his byline, covers the ridiculous for a living:

"L.A.-based DAVID EHRENSTEIN writes about Hollywood and politics."

The more I read his byline, the more I chuckled.

FWIW: I thought that song deal was aimed at Al Sharpton, who could never be the Magic Negro that Ehrenstein describes in his bizarre article. Limbaugh has had it in for Sharpton for sometime. Sharpton was a prospective nominee on the Deomcratic 2004 convention, as I recall. Rush sent McCain plenty of hate rounds in the run up to this election, since McCain isn't "conservative enough" to suit the Limbaugh view of the world.

DR
 
Last edited:
Tom Hartmann is a 9/11 truther, or at least was the last time I heard him. I listened to him do a whole segment about how the fires couldn't have been that hot with that lady standing in the ragged crash site.
I didn't know that. I won't bother with him anymore.
 
, since McCain isn't "conservative enough" to suit the Limbaugh view of the world.

DR

Rush drug using, often divorced, butt cyst kept him from the draft, Limbaugh, really isn't conservative enough for Rush, drug users are bad people, conservative values, Clinton was a draft dodger, Limbaugh. To say he is a hypocrite is to badly malign hypocrites.
 
It's true. The dow was up 150 points while Obama was at a parent teacher conference. Don't you see! Now, if it spikes while he's eating lunch, that will be the clincher.
 
I listen to Rush mostly for entertainment, but as for politics I don't have much favor in him after the whole thing he did with Clinton during the primaries. Schnidt (however you spell his name) is the one I listen to right now...

Schnitt is actually worse than Rush, if only because he doesn't have Rush's slick production and performance experience to make his rants at least entertaining to listen to. Schnitt just rants angrily.

He's like Free Republic given a radio voice.
 
Yes, clearly the increase in unemployment, the credit crisis and the lack of consumer confidence call all be laid squarely at the feet of a man who has not had a single day to affect policy.

Each day I live I become more convinced that a substantial number of people simply do not accept there is any such thing as objective reality. If they want to believe it, it must be true.
 
It says something that most conservative commentators treat Rush as someone who really does not matter anymore. I think most o fthem have decided that Rush is a ignorant DJ who is only in it for the money.
And I am betting that before too long Rush goes really over the line as far as race is concerned. He has been doing a little game of putting a foot over the line then pulling it back. With Obama, he is going mistime himself.
Of course I have a generally low opinion of Radio Talk Show Hosts, no matter what their politics are. Randi Rhodes is just a Bizarro World version of Rush Limbaugh.
 
Yes, clearly the increase in unemployment, the credit crisis and the lack of consumer confidence call all be laid squarely at the feet of a man who has not had a single day to affect policy.
No no! Not as President. While he was in Congress he crafted the policies that caused the economic collapse.

Oh except he didn't do anything in Congress.

Sometimes it's hard to remember if we're talking about Evil Obama or Lazy Obama.
 
Would you care to justify that statement?


Same rants, same "The Other Side Is EVIL!', same use of half truths and distorted news, and same embrace of extremist opinions in Rhodes 9/11 Trutherism.
Frankly, Ben, you rant of Wendesday shows why you like Rhodes so much.
That Air America felt it necessary to get rid of her should tell you something.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom