• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Latest Firefox

Actually I've been pretty happy with the preinstalled IE until I was forced to install all major browsers for testing a web site. What I found out is that from a developer's point of view they all suck one way or the other. Or they all rock, depending on whether you see the glass half-full or half-empty.
 
I don't think I've had Firefox crash on my in months, if not longer.

My Firefox crashes usually about once a day. I would switch browser if I knew of any credible options. I'm fed up with this useless crap.
 
My Firefox crashes usually about once a day. I would switch browser if I knew of any credible options. I'm fed up with this useless crap.

I offered a suggestion before that you might try. Disable hardware acceleration.

It's in Options -> Advanced Tab -> General Sub Tab -> Browsing Section -> Use hardware acceleration when available.

The crashes in my case were happening because of my graphics card. It was not properly ventilated and the strain the acceleration was putting on it was causing the crash. Give it a shot. I'm interested to know if it works for you or not.

Thanks
 
I offered a suggestion before that you might try. Disable hardware acceleration.

It's in Options -> Advanced Tab -> General Sub Tab -> Browsing Section -> Use hardware acceleration when available.

The crashes in my case were happening because of my graphics card. It was not properly ventilated and the strain the acceleration was putting on it was causing the crash. Give it a shot. I'm interested to know if it works for you or not.

Thanks

Thank you for that, I've changed the settings now, will see how it works out.
 
Upgraded to 10.0 - no noticeable changes. It loads faster than I can move the mouse around so I don't see a problem.
 
Upgraded to 10.0 - no noticeable changes. It loads faster than I can move the mouse around so I don't see a problem.

I agree. The program still has stability issues. It has certainly passed its use-by date.

How is Chrome? I've heard it uses Google spyware, but apart from that, is it stable?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom