Ron_Tomkins
Satan's Helper
- Joined
- Oct 29, 2007
- Messages
- 44,024
Today I saw this speech by Judge Andrew Napolitano. Being a Venezuelan and additionally someone who doesn't follow politics that much, I can only speak from a very layman point of view. I find his speech sensitive and consistent to the most basic human aspects of being a citizen of any country.
But the reason I youtubed him was because I remember seeing his interview on the Daily Show and that was, by far, the best, most dinamic, most interesting interview I have seen on that show. Basically, Napolitano was showing a bit of extremism in his fight against the government. It seemed he was demonizing the government a bit too much (even the audience booed him a bit at some point). So I can understand that he is clearly very passionate (perhaps a bit too passionate) about the topic... but still.... what do you make of this speech? Is there something about it that strikes you unrealistic and/or detached from reality? Or am I right in my hunch that this is an extremely sensitive and intelligent argument and that we need more people like that?
(I couldn't find part 3. If anyone finds it, please post it)
But the reason I youtubed him was because I remember seeing his interview on the Daily Show and that was, by far, the best, most dinamic, most interesting interview I have seen on that show. Basically, Napolitano was showing a bit of extremism in his fight against the government. It seemed he was demonizing the government a bit too much (even the audience booed him a bit at some point). So I can understand that he is clearly very passionate (perhaps a bit too passionate) about the topic... but still.... what do you make of this speech? Is there something about it that strikes you unrealistic and/or detached from reality? Or am I right in my hunch that this is an extremely sensitive and intelligent argument and that we need more people like that?
(I couldn't find part 3. If anyone finds it, please post it)