CORed
Penultimate Amazing
3 people actually like Romney?
Some people would vote for Bozo the Clown if he was their party's candidate.
At this point, I think Bozo might be a better candidate than Romney.
3 people actually like Romney?
Some people would vote for Bozo the Clown if he was their party's candidate.
(No, that joke doesn't really make sense but I like it anyway.)
Your quoted result is exactly why I would not vote for Rocky although I like his positions. In that quote, he makes the same mistake that all the presidential candidates make: I'll do this. I'll do that. The problem is that the president usually doesn't have the power to do "this" or "that" and so the stance of the candidate is meaningless. There is a congress to deal with, you know.Loooked up Rocky Anderson and liked what I found, so I voted for him.
Your quoted result is exactly why I would not vote for Rocky although I like his positions. In that quote, he makes the same mistake that all the presidential candidates make: I'll do this. I'll do that. The problem is that the president usually doesn't have the power to do "this" or "that" and so the stance of the candidate is meaningless. There is a congress to deal with, you know.
I voted Stein. In the real world, I'm in the same but opposite position as Manopolus. California will go Obama no matter how I vote so there is no price for voting my real choice.
I'm not surprised at all that Romney isn't coming in second. I think a lot of Republicans dislike him but will vote for him anyway in the election, due to a lack of viable alternatives for the Obama haters.
Yes, like it resonated when Ralph Nader held the door open for George W. Bush. That resonated into a pointless, multi-trillion-dollar war and the country spiraling into recession.Don't know anything about the "third party" candidates.......
But the American two party system is just ohh soo broke.
So will be casting a vote for one of them.
Sooner or later the message will resonate.
A definition of "viable alternative" is required. I would think that the most vital criteria to making a candidate "viable" in a national election is being on the ballot in enough states to get the requisite 270 electoral votes. The only one aside from the D and the R who will be on the ballot in every state is Gary Johnson.
Running as a Republican in an overwhelmingly blue state, and as a newcomer to politics, Johnson won election as governor of New Mexico and was re-elected. In my book, that makes him more electable than Romney (who was not re-elected). Too bad he had to spend so much time, energy and campaign cash fending off Romney's challenges to getting on the ballot in so many states.
I guess Romney was afraid that Johnson would be discovered as a viable alternative, because with a campaign that's over $11m in debt, he sure didn't have money to waste chasing after Johnson.
BTW I am not an "Obama hater" but I sure won't ever vote for him, as he's got two major flaws - he lies, and he's way to much of a left-winger. I wish more people knew how deep the lying goes and how far to the left he'd really like to take the USA. I didn't know the full extent until I saw Joel Gilbert's new biopic, Dreams from My Real Father.
My post didn't suggest the Romney is worried about his campaign's debt. However, a candidate who purports to be a solid and responsible businessman having a campaign that can't stay afloat financially should certainly be concerned.Romney's worried about an 11 million dollar debt? You're kidding, right? Did you see his tax returns? How long would he have to work (wait) until he has another 11 mil in pocket change?
Interesting results. I predict the actual election will not be too far off.
Except for Obama's votes on JREF, I could bet my life the vote proportion of the other candidates will be very differently proportioned.
Hey. Don't be dissing my Boy Bozo. He's just very misunderstood.
He's a clown for christsakes.........
They may be after this election, if the GOP goes into total melt-down, blaming each other for screwing it up.I also predict that if the Republicans and Democrats keep going the way they are going, The Green Party could easily become a viable party.
I voted for Obama in 2008 and will vote for him again, then send a whole lot of letters criticising his weak points and making suggestions for things he could do better, like Public Option health care
Don't know anything about the "third party" candidates.......
But the American two party system is just ohh soo broke.
So will be casting a vote for one of them.
Sooner or later the message will resonate.
Yes, like it resonated when Ralph Nader held the door open for George W. Bush. That resonated into a pointless, multi-trillion-dollar war and the country spiraling into recession.
I'd like to change it so that third party votes actually help the causes you care about, but as it stands, it is exactly the opposite.