• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

JREF Presidential Poll

Disregarding the concept of who has a chance to win, who is your favored candidate?

  • Barack Obama (Democrat)

    Votes: 108 69.7%
  • Mitt Romney (Republican)

    Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Jill Stein (Green)

    Votes: 13 8.4%
  • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Rocky Anderson (Justice)

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Virgil Goode (Constitution)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mickey Mouse (Planet X)

    Votes: 13 8.4%

  • Total voters
    155

Manopolus

Metaphorical Anomaly
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
8,826
Location
Brownbackistan
I'm just curious as to where JREF Forum members are at in this. Non U.S. citizens are welcome to vote. It is not a poll of Americans exclusively, but a poll of JREF forum members in general.
 
Last edited:
I'd be voting for Jill Stein if I thought the Greens had a chance, but because of the stupid political system I'll be voting Obama to be safer..
 
I'd be voting for Jill Stein if I thought the Greens had a chance, but because of the stupid political system I'll be voting Obama to be safer..

Actually, I think I WILL be voting for Jill Stein. I live in Kansas, so my vote won't matter anyway. It's an automatic Republican win here, and they're the last ones I'd ever vote for.
 
Loooked up Rocky Anderson and liked what I found, so I voted for him.

A miracle happens: you get elected in 2012 and re-elected in 2016. After eight years of a Rocky Anderson presidency, what does the country look like?

The country is back on constitutional moorings. We will not make war without an explicit authorization from Congress. We won’t be engaging in illegal wars of aggression anymore. We will never again waver on the right of habeas corpus, due process. We will not have the kind of enormous disparity of wealth and income that we see now. We will be past this new Gilded Age, back to a time where we have a healthy, thriving middle class, where we have good jobs, the strongest educational system in the world, where we provide early preschool programs through higher education, equal educational opportunities for everyone. This nation would be one where no one is above the law and everyone—at every level, regardless of wealth, regardless of political position—knows that he or she will be held accountable for violations of the law. We’ll talk about all of us being in this together, all of us paying our fair share, all of us sacrificing for the good of the country and enjoying the benefits. The prohibition of drugs will be eliminated, and substance abuse will be treated as a public health and education issue. We will finally be providing the essential leadership on climate protection, because if we don’t do that, that window of opportunity that’s so narrow right now is going to be slammed shut.
 
I'd be voting for Jill Stein if I thought the Greens had a chance,

And like you, I reject the instruction to ignore the question of who has a chance of winning, since that is actually part of the question when I vote.
 
I made this test and Obama was the candidate I agreed most with, at 86%. Romney came last on the list as I didn't agree with him on any major issues (the test only includes Obama, Romney, Johnson and Stein).

I think the test was a little tricky. For example I do oppose the death penalty, but I also know it's not going to be repealed within the near future. How much emphasis should I put on it then?
 
Don't know anything about the "third party" candidates.......
But the American two party system is just ohh soo broke.

So will be casting a vote for one of them.

Sooner or later the message will resonate.
 
Interesting results. I predict the actual election will not be too far off.
 
Interesting results. I predict the actual election will not be too far off.

Except for Obama's votes on JREF, I could bet my life the vote proportion of the other candidates will be very differently proportioned.
 
I made this test and Obama was the candidate I agreed most with, at 86%. Romney came last on the list as I didn't agree with him on any major issues (the test only includes Obama, Romney, Johnson and Stein).

I think the test was a little tricky. For example I do oppose the death penalty, but I also know it's not going to be repealed within the near future. How much emphasis should I put on it then?

Naw, that test has all 6, but only mentions ones it considers relevant. If you go back to your results, there's a link to "show all" or something like that. That's actually where I got my list... never heard of 2 of them before seeing them there.
 
Last edited:
3 people actually like Romney?

Some people would vote for Bozo the Clown if he was their party's candidate.
 
Just gonna bump this for a couple of days... giving more a chance to vote before it ends up on page 2. Voting in the poll doesn't bump it.
 
Obama 2008, Obama 2012.

Virtually nothing in what the Republican party is saying compels me to vote for them. According to them I am a godlless commie leftie that deserves to burn in hell. :) So **** them.
 
Last edited:
One particular reason Obama in '12:

It takes more than four years to fix screwups of the level that Bush perpetrated on the country, and I knew coming in '08 that he would have to be very cautious as the Republicans were frothing at the mouth to get the black guy out of "their" office. Elect him in '12, though, and he no longer has to wear the kid gloves -- he can actually lean on the Party of No when they try legislative shenanigans.

Which is undoubtedly the fear that's driving Republicans now. The economy will get better over the next four years, there is no doubt. Obama will get the (deserved) credit for it, and the resulting approval ratings will drive them out of the House and Senate in crowds if they don't cave and actually try to help move the country forward, rather than just be power-mad numbnutses.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom