JEROME DA GNOME
Banned
- Joined
- Oct 7, 2007
- Messages
- 8,837
Black holes are a solution of General Relativity.
They are a possibility of General Relativity, they are not a solution of.

They are not even demanded by General Relativity.
Black holes are a solution of General Relativity.

Sorry Jerome, I think you missed a bit:
Jerome is arguing from ignorance, and in his case, great ignorance.The trouble is, if you take into account that words have meanings, your second sentence contradicts your first. If you want to ignore definitions that people use, then never mind.
I must have missed it. Can you state again your answer to:I have already answered.
I must have missed it. Can you state again your answer to:
"Just what is that thing with a mass of 3.7 million solar masses and a radius of less than 45 AU in the center of our galaxy?"
They are a solution to the equations of General Relativity. They have then been confirmed by observation.They are a possibility of General Relativity, they are not a solution of.
They are not even demanded by General Relativity.
I must have missed it. Can you state again your answer to:
"Just what is that thing with a mass of 3.7 million solar masses and a radius of less than 45 AU in the center of our galaxy?"
Astronomers do know - it is a black hole.I do not know.
They are a solution to the equations of General Relativity. They have then been confirmed by observation.

Astronomers do know - it is a black hole.
Wrong.
Do you find it is much easier to presume an avatar as this allows one not to have to think?
'The Sky Daddy'.

Do not.
Please, find some astronomers that state that the phenomenon IS a Black Hole.
Wikipedia: said:According to the American Astronomical Society, every large galaxy has a supermassive black hole at its center. The black hole’s mass is proportional to the mass of the host galaxy, suggesting that the two are linked very closely. The Hubble and ground-based telescopes in Hawaii were used in a large survey of galaxies.
Solutions to General relativity that apply to black holes:All you have done here is post the Wiki article on General Relativity.
![]()
Do not.
Please, find some astronomers that state that the phenomenon IS a Black Hole.
The trouble is, if you take into account that words have meanings, your second sentence contradicts your first. If you want to ignore definitions that people use, then never mind.
You are not also playing the game where the reader gets to define the words the writer uses, are you?
The forum will become very messy if that is a moderator established game.
![]()
OK, let's check the Oxford English Dictionary:I did claim that they are at this point made-up.
No, no. Not at all.You are not also playing the game where the reader gets to define the words the writer uses, are you?
Me.Do not.
Please, find some astronomers that state that the phenomenon IS a Black Hole.
You don't even have to go that far. The first question should be: Why doesn't (black holes, gravity, etc) explain the phenomena we are observing? What point of data invalidates these theories?So, Jerome, if (blackholes, gravity, etc) isn't what current science accepts them to be, then what best explains the phenomena we are observing?
And, "I don't accept your evidence for (black holes, gravity, etc) but I won't explain why" is not an acceptable answer.You can't go to professionals in this field who have dedicated their life to studying and understanding the universe and say "I think everything you know is wrong, but I can't coherently piece together why I think that, nor can I provide evidence supporting why I think that" and expect to be taken seriously.