Navigator
Philosopher
- Joined
- Apr 18, 2004
- Messages
- 7,324
Suicide might be no more than a lack of faith in the human collective condition.
I personally know what it is like to not want to go on in this awareness and shared reality.
However, I can only say that I have come to my senses, and see that all in all, why should I count my own contribution to the whole thing as being something worthless enough to willingly remove from the reality.
Maybe if the physical pain gets too much, and the drugs addle my ability to add anything sensible to the mix. I might opt for the executioner (if youth in asia becomes lawful) or find a way to do the job myself...but if I tell my 'loved ones' will they dob me in and have me die in a way that any civilised law would not expect owners of pets to allow those pets to suffer pain and eventual death with no thought for the general trauma of the animal concerned.?
Yes - grandma has to suffer and you must watch...but if we catch you doing this to any of your pets, you will be punished.
Go figure!
The condemned murderer get the painless lethal injection.
So one would wonder another thing.
Does a percentage of those who commit 'punishable by death' crimes, do these things because they are wanting to die anyhow, but are too whatever to do the job themselves?
So they create a traumatic string event which has many suffering and the end result is that someone else has to pull the lever which ends their existence.
Hmmm...how many murderours etc... are suicidesi n disguise?
I personally know what it is like to not want to go on in this awareness and shared reality.
However, I can only say that I have come to my senses, and see that all in all, why should I count my own contribution to the whole thing as being something worthless enough to willingly remove from the reality.
Maybe if the physical pain gets too much, and the drugs addle my ability to add anything sensible to the mix. I might opt for the executioner (if youth in asia becomes lawful) or find a way to do the job myself...but if I tell my 'loved ones' will they dob me in and have me die in a way that any civilised law would not expect owners of pets to allow those pets to suffer pain and eventual death with no thought for the general trauma of the animal concerned.?
Yes - grandma has to suffer and you must watch...but if we catch you doing this to any of your pets, you will be punished.
Go figure!
The condemned murderer get the painless lethal injection.
So one would wonder another thing.
Does a percentage of those who commit 'punishable by death' crimes, do these things because they are wanting to die anyhow, but are too whatever to do the job themselves?
So they create a traumatic string event which has many suffering and the end result is that someone else has to pull the lever which ends their existence.
Hmmm...how many murderours etc... are suicidesi n disguise?