• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Is chess good for teaching critical thinking?

By early resignation, I would presume.

A sadistic genius at that; one who would let you take the middle just to toy with you for a while before overwhelming your positional edge with his superior tactical skill. I wish I had a nickel for every time it happened to me.

No I played amateur chess at the state tourney. They did have some better players in there because they wanted to win. I played interesting games that sometimes drew large crowds because I played a good game with most of the peices still on the board during the end game. Your right I still got beat most of the time even with the middle of the board coverd. I did beat the state amateur champ, I played 9th board on a bad team and beat the 9th board on a good team. I played 2nd board once. I didn't study moves much at all.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom