I think I have given every reason why MRSA is not a pandemic, e.g., we haven't seen pandemic alerts from the big health organizations such as WHO. Just because some people are anxious to proclaim that it is one doesn't make it one.
I also think I pointed out that
if the qualification for a pandemic is that X is a superbug, with very little standing in its way, then ebola would also qualify.
I also think it wasn't
me who pointed to superbugs.
I also haven't ignored the problem of an infectuous disease killing too fast. To quote myself:
It is particularly Ebola's quick rate of mortality that makes it so dangerous. While we are lucky that it originated in remote villages, there is nothing that prevents it from spreading to larger towns: It can evolve into something that kills more slowly, thereby giving it time to spread.
Even if it doesn't, the mere fact that people are able to travel around the globe in a very short time makes it dangerous to even go into the areas. If you take the disease with you, it can spread all over the world in a matter of days.
As we saw with SARS.
There are mild cases of SARS. Mortality is max 1% in those under 25 years, and rises to 15% in the 45-64 year group. It is more than 50% in the oldest group 65 years and up, mostly due to previous illness that leave them weak. Mostly, people aren't infectuous after 10 days after the fever has gone down.
Compare to Ebola, who can kill a person within 2 days, with far more devastating damage to the body.
Now, can we cut the manure? MRSA, serious as it is, is not a pandemic.