• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

I voted! Did you?

I'm a California refuse-to-declare voter (You cannot declare Independent here). Here, folks like me can request a Dem ballot or one other, minor party (American Independence?) but you cannot request a Republican ballot.

Being an Edwards guy, I struggled with the choice and finally ended up 49.9% HRC and 50.1% the big O. I rounded down and voted for the big O. The deciding factor was exactly Loss Leader's:
That Obama has a better chance against McCain.
but even then I'm not sure I made the right decision.

So far tonight, the big surprise is the Huckster. He still has some pull with the religious right. Will it be McCain/Huckawannabee?

ETA: I got one phone call during the whole primary season - from Obama.
 
After the call from Jack Nicholson asking me to vote for Hillary, I was dissapointed that Tiger Woods did not call me for Obama, but I voted for him anyway!

Strangely, when I came up with Tiger Woods, I was not thinking black vs. white, but young vs. old.

IXP
 
NC comes late to the party...our Primary is May 6. But, for once, this might make us pivitol instead of just the afterthought we have been in the past, at least as far as Obama and Billary are concerned.

So far, Billary is ahead, but she has steadily slipped in the polls while Obama has crept up, so there is hope.

Unless something major happens before then, I will vote for Obama, or just not bother.

ETA: In accordance with the Prophecies!
 
Pennsylvania primary is not for a little bit, and you'd better believe I'm voting in it.
 
I became a Caucusian last night.

The place was Obamarama mayhem, the Hillaroids were trounced 3:1.

Welcome to the world of grass roots politics.

We had 65 people show up for our precinct caucus last night. In past years it was considered a good turnout when a dozen folks showed up.
 
Well I voted for the Democrats, then the Greens, Family First, the Independent guy, Liberal, someone, Racists (One Nation), Footballers Wife (Labor).

If I didn't vote I would have gotten a fine.

Oh, you mean in the US?

No. I didn't vote.

Funny how the person they call "the leader of the free world" isn't actually elected by the free world.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom