• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

I like black people, should I fight it ?

El Greco

Summer worshipper
Joined
Nov 11, 2003
Messages
17,739
It is rather strange, but I've always been positively predisposed to black people. And I have not socialized with that many of them... I had a friend from UK when I was 15-16 years old... then another good friend from Kenya during my university years... an Indo-Kenyan friend sometime later... and a girlfriend from Holland (a mulatta actually). That's all.

When I think of it, it looks as irrational as racism, but I don't know whether I should fight it... should I ?
 
I like redheads; should I fight it?

Biases, whether pro or con, are natural. If the bias either displeases you or causes you to act in a manner unfairly detrimental to a person or group, then re-educate/retrain yourself.

Otherwise, enjoy being human.
 
As long as you don't think and act like non-black people are lesser socially or of lesser intelligence. Otherwise, it's just a personal preference...I don't much care for blonde or redhead ladies but prefer brunettes. Neh!
 
At least in women, I like the really dark black, almost a charcoal black that looks like it was dusted on. I especially like it when some of the bits that I normally think of as pink are charcoal black as well.
 
When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was "Cannibal?".

Garrett Morris on SNL as Idi Amin. "Americans? I love them. I had one for lunch."
 
My next-door-neighbours are indian - Sikh. They are the best neighbours I ever had.
 
Why? So what is exact the problem?


Are you going to fight me, avoid of me for simply I am born in Sicily and might have a violin case gun?
 
Best advice I can offer is an old quote that I try to live by--"Make friends easily, but choose your enemies with great care".

In other words, friends is friends. :)
 
El Greco said:
It is rather strange, but I've always been positively predisposed to black people. And I have not socialized with that many of them... I had a friend from UK when I was 15-16 years old... then another good friend from Kenya during my university years... an Indo-Kenyan friend sometime later... and a girlfriend from Holland (a mulatta actually). That's all.

When I think of it, it looks as irrational as racism, but I don't know whether I should fight it... should I ?

What do you mean by "positively predisposed"?
 
Re: Re: I like black people, should I fight it ?

EternalUniverse said:
What do you mean by "positively predisposed"?

I have a good feeling when I meet black people, like the one one has when meeting a very pleasant and amiable fellow.
 
Re: Re: Re: I like black people, should I fight it ?

El Greco said:


I have a good feeling when I meet black people, like the one one has when meeting a very pleasant and amiable fellow.

I don't see any problem with it. It's only racism if you believe that some races are inherently superior than others, solely because of that variable (race).

We seek out certain people over others in general when it comes to interests (like people who like baseball mingling with others who like baseball). Just don't selectively seek out people and deliberately ignore others because of factors they can't control (I'm not saying you do this, it's just a general caution).
 
Garrette said:
I like redheads; should I fight it?

Biases, whether pro or con, are natural. If the bias either displeases you or causes you to act in a manner unfairly detrimental to a person or group, then re-educate/retrain yourself.

Otherwise, enjoy being human.

You say you like redheads, but I don't think that means you don't think brunettes/blondes, etc. can be attractive. So perhaps the real question is what would make someone prefer certain aspects rather than others.
 
Its just a matter of taste.

I dont find most black women attractive, except for kenyans- I cream my pants over kenyan women. Its just a matter of taste, no different to whether or not you like mayonaisse or ketchup on your freedom fries.
 
In my experience, the women in Kenya are at least as varied in appearance as in any other nation, possibly more so. The difference between coastal people with lots of Arab and Indian genetic influence and the Samburu or Masai is pronounced. There are indeed some bonny lassies , but it took me a while to get past my own cultural preferences. I have to admit, the prettiest girl I ever met in Kenya was white-(a vanilla gorilla)- but that's my learned filters at work.
I just thank my lucky stars I'm a mammal and admire ladies of all nationalities.
 
Garrette said:
I like redheads; should I fight it?

I like redheads too. Actually, to be more specific, I like girls with hair. Any hair! I don't care. In fact, forget the hair. I'll take them bald. Completely hairless! Much less chance of the police finding physical evidence left in the trunk. . . . . Did I just write that out loud? :re:
 
I tend to prefer women with a pulse... humor and intelligence can make an ugly woman more attractive. I have found that a very broad net (personal standards) catches more potentially beautiful women, however once netted, personality allows the "ugly" ones to be cast back into the sea.
When one poses an analogy to explain his point of view, one wonders if he would be a keeper or one thrown back. I made me think too much... my head hurts!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom