• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Hugo Chavez has cancer

Christ. I can understand feeling this way about dictators who openly attack their own people, but wanting democratically elected leaders to to die slow and painful deaths over ideological differences? Seems a bit harsh. Did chavez commit some genocide I wasn't aware of?
 
Christ. I can understand feeling this way about dictators who openly attack their own people, but wanting democratically elected leaders to to die slow and painful deaths over ideological differences? Seems a bit harsh. Did chavez commit some genocide I wasn't aware of?

Funding FARC doesn't endear one to me.
 
Funding FARC doesn't endear one to me.

Was that ever proven? I remember hearing the allegation, but not any followup. I wouldn't trust the word of the columbian government or the venezualan government off-hand.

Besides, is that really enough for you to want him dead? Would I be justified for wanting bush dead, seeing as he started a war which killed ~200,000 people?
 
Was that ever proven? I remember hearing the allegation, but not any followup. I wouldn't trust the word of the columbian government or the venezualan government off-hand.

What did the Washingtonians ever do to you?

There have been recurring allegations, including documents found at the site where Raul Reyes was killed (called "dodgy" by Caracas, of course) - enough smoke to presume a fairly big fire.

Besides, is that really enough for you to want him dead? Would I be justified for wanting bush dead, seeing as he started a war which killed ~200,000 people?

Yes, it is enough for me to want him dead. You can form your own opinion about Bush and the Iraq War, you don't need me to put words in your mouth.
 
Last edited:
Wanting democratically elected leaders to die quickly over ideological differences seems a tad harsh as well.

We're talking about Hugo Chavez, not democratically elected presidents. Not that he deserves a slow and painful death yet.

McHrozni
 
What did the Washingtonians ever do to you?

There have been recurring allegations, including documents found at the site where Raul Reyes was killed (called "dodgy" by Caracas, of course) - enough smoke to presume a fairly big fire.

Why should we believe the Colombian government over the Venezualan government? Sorry, I just thought this was supposed to be a site for skeptics.
 
We're talking about Hugo Chavez, not democratically elected presidents. Not that he deserves a slow and painful death yet.

McHrozni

The result of the last election was, according to wiki, ratified by the OAS and the Carter Centre. Sure, it probably wasn't perfect, but it was still a democratic election. You'll notice I mention Bush in the same category.

And while Venezuala ranks poorly in press freedom, it still ranks higher than Colombia.
 
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Hugo Chavez imply that his cancer and other Latin American leaders cancers might be the result of some United states government plot?

Yup. And because the idea is a bit nutty, he did it by JAQing off:

Chavez prefaced his remarks at a military event in Caracas by saying, "I don't want to make any reckless accusations," but the Venezuelan president said he was concerned by something he finds "very, very, very strange."

"Would it be strange if (the United States) had developed a technology to induce cancer, and for no one to know it?" he asked.
 
The result of the last election was, according to wiki, ratified by the OAS and the Carter Centre. Sure, it probably wasn't perfect, but it was still a democratic election. You'll notice I mention Bush in the same category.
So you think you can have free elections without a free press?
 
You'll notice I mention Bush in the same category.

There was a movie made a few years ago about the hypothetical assassination of Bush. Did you so vehemently protest back then?

BTW, it's Venezuela.
 
Last edited:
There was a movie made a few years ago about the hypothetical assassination of Bush. Did you so vehemently protest back then?

BTW, it's Venezuela.

Asking whether we should wish death on political opponents in an online forum is "vehemently protesting"? No, I didn't, though I don't know anything about the film or even if it did actually support the idea. But if my friends or family had said they wished him dead, i'd have challenged it.

Out of curiosity, what's this supposed to mean/imply?

I spelt it wrong. As I did Colombia.
 
The result of the last election was, according to wiki, ratified by the OAS and the Carter Centre.

And with credible evidence of fraud, according to the same article. Not that the election could ever be free and fair if one side abuses the power of state enterprises to pressure voters.

McHrozni
 
I could care less if he was unanimously selected by doe eyed orphans. I hated the man because of his viewpoints on my own nation especially the way he'd suck up to anyone up to and including Bin Laden if they also hated the USA.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom