• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

How to understand risk -BBC News

That's similar to a point made by Ben Goldacre in his book "Bad Science" .

It just taught me something about reading web pages too. The only thing that changes in the 14 pages is the small window near the top centre of each page. I had simply supposed that to be some sort of advert pop-up, as these boxes often are, so when I clicked the next page links, I was reading the text below the box and was baffled to find it unchanged.
Web page blindness may be a negative survival characteristic in future.
 
That's similar to a point made by Ben Goldacre in his book "Bad Science" .

It just taught me something about reading web pages too. The only thing that changes in the 14 pages is the small window near the top centre of each page. I had simply supposed that to be some sort of advert pop-up, as these boxes often are, so when I clicked the next page links, I was reading the text below the box and was baffled to find it unchanged.
Web page blindness may be a negative survival characteristic in future.


That one gets me as well. I think it's bad design personally!

cj x
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom