Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2009
- Messages
- 12,979
Hi Everyone,
I have a Mac desktop machine, and I am not very computer-savvy. I was browsing for news stories, when www dot fixpc99 dot com kind of took over my browser. It would not let me close the windows when I clicked on them. When I force-quit Safari and relaunched, the windows came right back. The windows had a phone number which was 647-360-4442. I called this number, but they wanted to do a remote login to my computer. I think that this is some kind of browser hijacker.
Tech services will come by Monday, but I am left with some questions. How much damage have I done to my security and to my personal information? How do I prevent this in the future?
I have a Mac desktop machine, and I am not very computer-savvy. I was browsing for news stories, when www dot fixpc99 dot com kind of took over my browser. It would not let me close the windows when I clicked on them. When I force-quit Safari and relaunched, the windows came right back. The windows had a phone number which was 647-360-4442. I called this number, but they wanted to do a remote login to my computer. I think that this is some kind of browser hijacker.
Tech services will come by Monday, but I am left with some questions. How much damage have I done to my security and to my personal information? How do I prevent this in the future?
Last edited: