• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 3

OK.

I am not American, do not live in America, have no affiliation to America.

I have admired America. That goto, can do attitude, that enthusiasm, that willingness to make the dream real.That zeal for truth. That altruism. That honesty.

It is hard to watch as that same great country descends to being a third world basket case tinpot dictatorship. It really is.

America could have been great, and indeed was great. Somehow mediocrity was more appealing to them.


I also, am not American; I echo this sentiment 100%.

Hell, I have served with US soldiers, airmen and sailors - among the finest bunch of guys I ever served with, real professional servicemen. Goodness knows our two Governments have had our differences over the years, but at the levels of the grunts and the erks, we have always had the utmost respect for each other.

I am truly saddened to watch America turn from a trusted, respected ally and friend, into one where its self-serving, narcissistic President has spurned traditional allies, walked all over its friends, embraced tyrants and dictators, and turned the country into a world-wide laughing stock. Trump is fast turning America from a nation of champs to a nation of chumps; into a global pariah, and the 40% or so of Americans who support him are too stupid to see what is happening.
 
That's ******* nonsense. A criminal violation is not required. It never has been in any of the previous 14 individuals who have been impeached.

Indeed, if the Framers had intended for Impeachment to require an impeached official to have committed criminal acts, it was a a piece of sheer brilliance to have done so at a time when America didn't even have a criminal code!
 
I wouldn't put it past Trump and his cabal to lay a trap.
Neither would I. People who Trump debases and ridicules end up being some of his most enthusiastic bootlickers. I don't get it. Bolton wrote that fawning tweet about the Soleimani strike and maybe he's giving Trump a pass on Russia because he thinks taking a hard line on Iran makes up for being soft on Putin. Pretty sure he's getting off on the attention and I think his testimony would be unpredictable. There's some game-playing going on and something seems off though I can't put my finger on what it might be.
 
There is no crime in the impeachment articles, so no witnesses are needed. The defense lawyers explained that to the Senate in no uncertain terms. Even if Trump actually did what the suspiciously timed leak attributed to Bolton said he did, it is not an impeachable offense. If the RINOs prevail and there are witnesses, I'm thinking all it will do is end Biden's candidacy. Not even the Democrats' fake news action arm can cover up the Bidens' corruption in an impeachment trial.

Bless your heart.

It's almost as if you can not see the Presidents corruption at all. But I know you are not that ignorant, or stupid.
 
There is no crime in the impeachment articles, so no witnesses are needed. The defense lawyers explained that to the Senate in no uncertain terms. Even if Trump actually did what the suspiciously timed leak attributed to Bolton said he did, it is not an impeachable offense. If the RINOs prevail and there are witnesses, I'm thinking all it will do is end Biden's candidacy. Not even the Democrats' fake news action arm can cover up the Bidens' corruption in an impeachment trial.

If Trump had evidence of Biden's corruption, we'd have seen it by now. If Trump wanted an investigation of the Biden's, he would not have asked that it be announced.
 
Last edited:
OK.

I am not American, do not live in America, have no affiliation to America.

I have admired America. That goto, can do attitude, that enthusiasm, that willingness to make the dream real.That zeal for truth. That altruism. That honesty.

It is hard to watch as that same great country descends to being a third world basket case tinpot dictatorship. It really is.

America could have been great, and indeed was great. Somehow mediocrity was more appealing to them.

You're a cruel man, but fair.
 
I also, am not American; I echo this sentiment 100%.

Hell, I have served with US soldiers, airmen and sailors - among the finest bunch of guys I ever served with, real professional servicemen. Goodness knows our two Governments have had our differences over the years, but at the levels of the grunts and the erks, we have always had the utmost respect for each other.

I am truly saddened to watch America turn from a trusted, respected ally and friend, into one where its self-serving, narcissistic President has spurned traditional allies, walked all over its friends, embraced tyrants and dictators, and turned the country into a world-wide laughing stock. Trump is fast turning America from a nation of champs to a nation of chumps; into a global pariah, and the 40% or so of Americans who support him are too stupid to see what is happening.

Well said. :thumbsup:
 
I hope they call the Bidens. I hope the Bidens proceed in this fashion:

Q: "when did you take a position on the board of Burisma?"

A: "several years before Trump engaged in the corrupt actions that this proceeding is meant to address."

Precisely.

I would love to see Biden testify. Does anyone think he would sit dociley and meekly answer questions? I think he would take every question as an opportunity to rip into Trump. And he would do it guns blazing and take no prisoners. It has the potential to be awesome.

And what would they do? Charge him with obstruction of Congress? That would be just way too funny.

I voted for the guy in the 1988 primaries. I'd vote for him again if he wasn't so old. However, since it looks like he will only have other geezers for serious competition, I'll probably vote for him anyway. I guess we'll see who is still standing when Michigan comes around.
 
Bolton certainly has a sense of timing, announcing while Moscow Mitch was counting votes but after around the clock coverage of Kobe's death stopped sucking the air out of the new cycle. Trump's coverage of his defense is being eaten up by the witness vote. He's crazy but Bolton is not to be trifled with. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, if Trump attacked Hell, I'd find something nice to say about the devil.
 
Bolton certainly has a sense of timing, announcing while Moscow Mitch was counting votes but after around the clock coverage of Kobe's death stopped sucking the air out of the new cycle. Trump's coverage of his defense is being eaten up by the witness vote. He's crazy but Bolton is not to be trifled with. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, if Trump attacked Hell, I'd find something nice to say about the devil.
But to use a cliche, what is Bolton's end game here? He wants to be important, to be popular, but whatever his story, once it's told the interest will only last for a few days. I don't know enough about what makes him tick to speculate what he's up to.
 
Precisely.

I would love to see Biden testify. Does anyone think he would sit dociley and meekly answer questions? I think he would take every question as an opportunity to rip into Trump. And he would do it guns blazing and take no prisoners. It has the potential to be awesome.

And what would they do? Charge him with obstruction of Congress? That would be just way too funny.

I voted for the guy in the 1988 primaries. I'd vote for him again if he wasn't so old. However, since it looks like he will only have other geezers for serious competition, I'll probably vote for him anyway. I guess we'll see who is still standing when Michigan comes around.

This I agree with. No way in Hell does the GOP want Joe Biden on the stand. Hunter maybe.
 
Bolton certainly has a sense of timing, announcing while Moscow Mitch was counting votes but after around the clock coverage of Kobe's death stopped sucking the air out of the new cycle. Trump's coverage of his defense is being eaten up by the witness vote. He's crazy but Bolton is not to be trifled with. To paraphrase Winston Churchill, if Trump attacked Hell, I'd find something nice to say about the devil.

Bolton is quietly the most aggressive battle hungry guy you're ever going to want to meet. Seems to think every issue can be solved militarily. He prefers battle to peace. Even Trump thinks Bolton is a bit war crazy.
 
Bolton is quietly the most aggressive battle hungry guy you're ever going to want to meet. Seems to think every issue can be solved militarily. He prefers battle to peace. Even Trump thinks Bolton is a bit war crazy.

Oh come on. How could someone with a funny little moustache like that be generous?

Huh? How does that address what I said? "Generous"?
 
But to use a cliche, what is Bolton's end game here? He wants to be important, to be popular, but whatever his story, once it's told the interest will only last for a few days. I don't know enough about what makes him tick to speculate what he's up to.

I think he just wants to render justice. Maybe he goes back to Fox. Maybe CNN picks him up. Maybe he retires and gives speeches for honoraria.

His story will have longer legs. Bolton will hurt Trump in the general election. Trump's hold your nose and check the box voters will notice this. And Bolton is going to be Parnas without the closet full of track suits. He will have saved texts, e-mails, maybe recordings. He'll wait for denials and then do document dumps to contradict the denials.
 
Bolton is quietly the most aggressive battle hungry guy you're ever going to want to meet. Seems to think every issue can be solved militarily. He prefers battle to peace. Even Trump thinks Bolton is a bit war crazy.

Yep, the only tool in Bolton's toolkit is a hammer and to him Trump is a nail.

I suspect he did a center of gravity analysis on Trump ala Clausewitz as he was putting his "Best Mustache on an Ambassador" plaque in a box when he cleaned out his office.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom