theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
I think that the Grand Design is aimed at 2022 when there is a real chance to flip the Senate.
I hope not. That seems like a very corrupt and partisan reason to impeach a president.
I think that the Grand Design is aimed at 2022 when there is a real chance to flip the Senate.
I hope not. That seems like a very corrupt and partisan reason to impeach a president.
Can any of you geniuses tell me what the Dem's Plan C is if this one (Plan B) fails in the same way Plan A (Mueller) did?
I mean, they must be well considered strategies because it's not as if the Dems and their water-carriers are idiots who believe you can just keep flinging **** until some sticks and the Whitehouse becomes rightfully theirs, or anything like that.
No.I hope not. That seems like a very corrupt and partisan reason to impeach a president.
Can any of you geniuses tell me what the Dem's Plan C is if this one (Plan B) fails in the same way Plan A (Mueller) did?
I mean, they must be well considered strategies because it's not as if the Dems and their water-carriers are idiots who believe you can just keep flinging **** until some sticks and the Whitehouse becomes rightfully theirs, or anything like that.
I disagree. The way I read it, the Constitution says that the president can be impeached at any time, at Congress' discretion. It says nothing about need, and leaves that question entirely up to the discretion of Congress.That's not the reason. The reason for Impeachment is because the Constitution says that Trump needs to be Impeached.
The purpose of impeachment is not to oust an unpopular Senate majority leader. If that's the real reason House Democrats are doing this, then I'd say it's an abuse of power easily on par with anything President Trump has been accused of doing.2020 is just the earliest best chance to get rid of corrupt McConnell. And both Democrats and Republicans will be relieved to see him gone.
No.
All evidence points to the fact that Trump is a corrupt individual and deserves to be removed from office, by any legal means available.
The fact that the Democrats are factoring the impact on future elections doesn't change that fact.
The way I read it, the Constitution says that the president can be impeached at any time, at Congress' discretion. It says nothing about need, and leaves that question entirely up to the discretion of Congress.
prestige, that's a horrible way to see it and I tell you why:
Impeachment is the closest thing Congress has to a trial, and if we only hold Trials when we feel like it, not when the conditions for Impeachment are met, we violate the principle of equality before the law. Impeachment creates precedent.
If Clinton got impeached for perjury, Trump needs to be Impeached if he committed perjury. If Nixon would have been Impeached for Obstruction, then Trump needs to be Impeached for Obstruction.
Otherwise you turn the Rule of Law into a popularity contest.
Not entirely, no. The term impeachment had a specific meaning and usage in common law (as does high crimes and bribery) and you have to hew to those common law understandings in good faith if you've taken an oath to uphold the constitution itself.
To add insult to insult, it's not even funny. As for wittiness, 50% yes 50% not so much.That's just as stupid as calling Trump a Nazi, which I'm sure you're entirely ok with.
My guess is that the core audience for the House impeachment hearings is voters in states whose GOP Senators might be worried about reelection, if they don't vote to remove.
Either that, or the core audience is swing voters in the 2020 presidential election. In which case, impeachment isn't so much about removing the president for high crimes and/or misdemeanors. Rather, it's a DNC campaign strategy.
You do realize this comment is based on nothing except your own speculation? And people wonder why I don't wait with bated breath for responses to my comments.
But I think corrupt politicians are like money, and police: If we didn't have them, the first thing we'd do is invent them.
Ok, lets see a show of hands... who here is disappointed that the articles of impeachment did not include a charge of violating 18 U.S. Code 2074.
For those interested: That is the law that makes it illegal to give fake weather reports. This was the case when Trump warned Alabama about a hurricane that was not expected to affect it. (a.k.a. Sharpiegate.)
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-may-have-broken-law-by-altering-hurricane-dorian-map-2019-9