Reality Believer
Muse
- Joined
- Jun 28, 2007
- Messages
- 716
I am doing a woodworking project that involves an interesting geometry problem.
The piece is essentially a vertical hexagonal tube that I want to put a "roof" on. The roof peak is in the center of the hexagon and is 2 inches above the sides. Each side is 5 1/8 inches along the flat, and the hexagon is 8 7/8 inches across the flats.
I want to construct the roof by cutting 6 pie shaped pieces out of 3/4" material so they fit properly to form essentially a hexagonal pyramid.
What is the miter angle and bevel angles that would be required to make the hexagonal pyramid roof fit together seamlessly?
The piece is essentially a vertical hexagonal tube that I want to put a "roof" on. The roof peak is in the center of the hexagon and is 2 inches above the sides. Each side is 5 1/8 inches along the flat, and the hexagon is 8 7/8 inches across the flats.
I want to construct the roof by cutting 6 pie shaped pieces out of 3/4" material so they fit properly to form essentially a hexagonal pyramid.
What is the miter angle and bevel angles that would be required to make the hexagonal pyramid roof fit together seamlessly?