• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Has Ryan Mackey debunked Jim Hoffman

Juries make life-changing decisions every day based on evaluating the probabilities of different scenarios, however that's not good enough for truther theories. Which I suppose means there's no concept of "reasonable doubt" here: the theory must be proven 100% false otherwise truthers will continue to say "it's never been debunked".

I know, I really wonder what Truthers are like if they ever are selected for jury duty. Do they start trying to play detective asking whether or not a certain phone call was made or whether it had been faked by the FBI etc...etc...? Do they end up trying to discover an angle whereby the government will be guilty?
 
I know, I really wonder what Truthers are like if they ever are selected for jury duty. Do they start trying to play detective asking whether or not a certain phone call was made or whether it had been faked by the FBI etc...etc...? Do they end up trying to discover an angle whereby the government will be guilty?

I doubt they would get selected. They usually don't want people with strong opinions about anything.
 
I doubt they would get selected. They usually don't want people with strong opinions about anything.

You mean they don't want those who know the government did it!!!1!

That's just how the government get away with things. Filling up juries with their dupes!!!1!

[/twoof]
 
I know, I really wonder what Truthers are like if they ever are selected for jury duty. Do they start trying to play detective asking whether or not a certain phone call was made or whether it had been faked by the FBI etc...etc...? Do they end up trying to discover an angle whereby the government will be guilty?

In many places in the US, they have to be registered to vote in order to get on a jury duty candidates list. So that right there probably eliminates many of those slackers pseudoactivist paranoiacs. Anyone think that the movement which can barely get double-digits to a protest rally are motivated enough to go downtown or to their local DMV and register to vote? Let alone actually exercise that right?

Sorry for the blatant cynicism here, but we're talking about a group of people whose response to finding the supposedly biggest crime in American history is to whine on JREF about how we nitpick details, and flood comment boards on Amazon and IMDB with truther slogans. I have a hard time imagining that the majority of them got off their butts long enough to complete their voter registration, so therefore I have a hard time seeing them get randomly picked for jury duty.
 
I have lamented this jury duty thing on a few threads here. I can't imagine what that would be like as a juror.

ETA - voting in the primaries today :)
 
In many places in the US, they have to be registered to vote in order to get on a jury duty candidates list. So that right there probably eliminates many of those slackers pseudoactivist paranoiacs. Anyone think that the movement which can barely get double-digits to a protest rally are motivated enough to go downtown or to their local DMV and register to vote? Let alone actually exercise that right?

Sorry for the blatant cynicism here, but we're talking about a group of people whose response to finding the supposedly biggest crime in American history is to whine on JREF about how we nitpick details, and flood comment boards on Amazon and IMDB with truther slogans. I have a hard time imagining that the majority of them got off their butts long enough to complete their voter registration, so therefore I have a hard time seeing them get randomly picked for jury duty.

Ha ha! Okay, okay! I'm just thinking of a worst case scenario. :D

I think what you're saying is true. They're the laziest type of dissident whose actions are completely inversely proportionate to the seriousness of their accusations.

I've asked Truthers about this. They demand a new investigation. I ask them if they've even read the report of the first one. They say, no, but they have read David Ray Griffin who asks, "Why didn't jets scramble out of Andrews airbase?" I tell them that if they had read the 9/11 Commission report then they'd know. And anyway, how did David Ray Griffin not know this?

They tell me that there were explosives in the buildings. I say, "prove it!" and they whine about how I am putting the burden of proof on them (seriously!). They want to know why I won't drink the Kool-Aid, drop to the floor, start writhing around and speaking in tongues even after showing "video evidence" of blatantly dishonest crap from You Tube.

Finally many of them plead that no matter what happens any investigation will be rigged and any new evidence will have been tampered with.

They're just a bunch of supercilious, self-pitying, whining fantasists.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom