Trausti
Illuminator
What faux righteousness? I'm simply pointing out the insanity of bowing to every idiot who is easily offended by anything, real or imagined.No, it just negates the faux righteousness of your last three posts.![]()
What faux righteousness? I'm simply pointing out the insanity of bowing to every idiot who is easily offended by anything, real or imagined.No, it just negates the faux righteousness of your last three posts.![]()
And so there's no reason to lie about it and claim some fictional account as fact. Why not just tell the truth and work from there?And?
I'm not big on remote mind reading nameless, faceless others, so I can't comment much on that. What I can comment on is they had a point, and Converse agreed. It's kind of striking, but I believe wholly unintentional.That somehow excuses the completely stupid reaction from the idiots who want to cry raycism at everything?
Ok, but that doesn't track. They put out an ad, that if you looked at it a certain way, looked bad. I don't think it was intentional, in that I can totally see someone not seeing it (some didn't here, till it was pointed out).Anyway, my best guess is that stirring controversy was the whole point. I'll point you at the Keurig Effect again. Short version: it turns out to be free publicity. Instead of paying for more ads on YT and X, you let the dutifully enraged guys post a million posts about it.
Great example of my point. Keurig was slumping and wasn't entirely a household name just yet. But I'm not sure if the surge was directly due to this issue. People loved their product, and still do. Before COVID, they had already started a recycling campaign for their spent pods (my SIL was filling bags with them). Im.pretty sure their sales arc would have gone +/- the same, with or without thr Fox ads. In 2017, they had built up enough to be advertising on national broadcasting in the US. Their name was getting out there, and the eco friendly trend was dying out. Keurig was all set to skyrocket in popularity on its own.(Here's my old longer post about it, so I don't have to copy and paste: https://internationalskeptics.com/forums/threads/the-keurig-effect.346023/ )
Ya, it failed spectacularly, with stocks currently in a death spiral despite incredibly high name recognition and sponsored pro athletes and all.And Nike had had their spike in sales at least once with that strategy.
Of course, recently it started to backfire.
Agreed. But they can choose their target market to appeal to as well. Converse simply couldn't win by alluding they were Klan supportive. They would tank their brand irrecoverably.But yeah, I'm not convinced that any corporation actually went "woke". They just say whatever they think will drive their sales up.
So was Gilette, when they decided to try that stunt.Is Converse some struggling startup with falling sales? No way. They are a well-known multibillion dollar iconic brand. They don't need exposure to become a household name. They've been one for a century.
What 'stunt' are you referring to? Thr only thing I recall is that they got called out for jacking the prices on products targeted at women. Yeah, duh. I don't think anyone was unaware of that? Did their sales skyrocket or something? Were other variables controlled for or are we ignoring them to use tunnel vision and make their whole financial existence a one-issue deal?So was Gilette, when they decided to try that stunt.
No, I mean their toxic masculinity ad.What 'stunt' are you referring to? Thr only thing I recall is that they got called out for jacking the prices on products targeted at women. Yeah, duh. I don't think anyone was unaware of that? Did their sales skyrocket or something? Were other variables controlled for or are we ignoring them to use tunnel vision and make their whole financial existence a one-issue deal?
Ok. I had to google that one, no recollection of it.No, I mean their toxic masculinity ad.
You said that already. Repeating it doesn't address any of the questions or criticisms.The Keurig Effect is all about causing some group to get triggered, and give you free publicity.
Eta: I just googled Keurigs sales from 2011 onwards, and nothing you said was from this planet. Their sales went up every year during that time frame, save for a very small flattening in 2014. They had a big spike right after the Hannity event, but that was fueled by their merger with Green Mountain and Dr Pepper/ Snapple. Prior to that, they were considered a hyper growth company.You said that already. Repeating it doesn't address any of the questions or criticisms.
Well, yes, that's a chart (which doesn't indicate the falling sales each year preceeding the Great Hannity Event you claim). And the Great Hannity Event took place in November of 2017. Isn't that spike you claim I need glasses for in Q3, which ends in September? What were you saying about needing glasses?Look closer.
View attachment 76145
It's that spike in Q3 2017. It wouldn't be exceeded by normal growth until more than 2 years later. If you still don't see it, ask your optometrist for glasses![]()
I googled around a bit, and no one else on the web seems to think this, nor does it recognize The Keurig Effect, except to question if i meant the D-K effect. Are we off on a ride on the Imagination Train?But yes, it's what caused some other companies too to try causing a controversy for publicity.
You're not addressing the fatal flaw in your entire posit. The spike I apparently need glasses to understand was in Q3, ending in September of 2017. The Great Hannity Event was in November of 2017. How are you arriving at this casual link, absent a â—Šâ—Šâ—Šâ—Šâ—Šâ—Šâ—Š Tardis?And thankfully enough we do see a jump in gross margin in that fourth quarter of 2017: https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/KDP/keurig-dr-pepper/financial-ratios
It's higher than the next couple of quarters.
Doesn't sound unlikely.Gillete apparently made some kind of "don't be a dickhead guy" campaign, and conservatives got all bent out of shape about it.
Sooz Kempner on bsky, Sep 24, 2026
This is on Facebook and the comments are all "there, see, he just did it to GRIFT!" but they're also the sort of people who say "go woke, go broke" so I guess the always-offended-reactionary-right contain multitudes. 1/2
![]()
Macklemore announces Free Palestine tour in wake of Ed Sheeran controversy (Independent/yahoo!news, Sep 25, 2026)
Macklemore is launching a "Free Palestine Tour" after being dropped from Ed Sheeran's tour, saying: "So, as you all know, my schedule freed up a bit."
The rapper will be joined by "friends," who will be announced at a later date, at three concerts in Dublin on October 26, Paris on October 29, and London on October 30. All proceeds from the shows will go to organizations supporting Palestinians.
Nothing could be more woke than that slogan!... Gillete apparently made some kind of "don't be a dickhead guy" campaign ...
Nothing could be more woke than that slogan!
MAGA is probably already preparing a Dickhead Pride rally.